Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Old 02-20-2012, 10:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Goals for the week

Hi there everyone, I know I'm late posting goals for the week, but this is the first I've been able to take a break and post! My goals are the same, except for the addition of sodium. I always watch this closely myself, but it seems to be pretty important to whether I have a loss or not, so I'm adding it to make me more accountable for that too. Today has been a good day foodwise, but I've hardly moved from my desk, so steps will not be good for today.

Darlene, I'm so glad your daughter is better!

Quinn, welcome back!

Tori, sounds like you're having a great time, we'll be here when you get back!

Mern, hope you're alright, I miss you

I'll try to get back here later to read through the rest of the posts, but I wanted to get my goals posted.

1200-1400 cals
80 oz water
Treadmill T-Th-Sat
5000 steps on non TM days
8000 steps on TM days
Weights and Floor Exercises at least 3 times.
Sodium between 1500mg and 2500 mg per day
Post here every day

Julie
Old 02-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Amy, I went to the gym and gave you 30mins.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:19 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, I am betting your 30 minutes in the gym was a lot more labor intensive than mine was.

Mary, thank goodness you found a Good Samaritan in running shoes. I could picture you out there, you poor thing. Yes fix that lock or get rid of it!!!

Alison, I love the idea of taking up something for Lent. Or giving up the couch!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Hope, it was a good one. I have the shaking feeling in my arms. I'm sure your workout was just fine. Not everyone needs to workout until they shake.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
Don't you need to prepare for the marathon in some way? Training perhaps? Diet? More water? Forgive me, I know nothing about this but I would be interested to know what you do to prepare for this.

And BTW if I don't say it (and I'm sure I will) good luck on this venture!!!
I probably should. It'll make things easier. I think part of me likes to prove (even if only to myself) how far will power and determination will get you. I've never really "trained" for a 1/2 marathon. That's probably why I feel like I've been in a car wreck after the race. My knees, ankles and back will take a beating (b/c I will jog as often as I can). My legs, especially calves will be super sore. My feet will have blisters, and my arches will kill me because I'll be using some worn out shoes. My chest will be sore b/c I'll be gasping for air for just about the entire race and my shoulders will be sore from my arms going back and forth, back and forth.

I'll whine, bitch and moan about being sore but my will power will get me to the finish line... if my heart doesn't explode first.

BTW, just like last time, I'll keep y'all posted through out the race. I'll be looking for y'all to keep me going. Oh and I'll take lots of pics.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hope, it was a good one. I have the shaking feeling in my arms. I'm sure your workout was just fine. Not everyone needs to workout until they shake.
Yeah, not up to that yet. I'll get back to ya!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:24 PM
FitDay Member

I probably should. It'll make things easier. I think part of me likes to prove (even if only to myself) how far will power and determination will get you. I've never really "trained" for a 1/2 marathon. That's probably why I feel like I've been in a car wreck after the race. My knees, ankles and back will take a beating (b/c I will jog as often as I can). My legs, especially calves will be super sore. My feet will have blisters, and my arches will kill me because I'll be using some worn out shoes. My chest will be sore b/c I'll be gasping for air for just about the entire race and my shoulders will be sore from my arms going back and forth, back and forth.

I'll whine, bitch and moan about being sore but my will power will get me to the finish line... if my heart doesn't explode first.

BTW, just like last time, I'll keep y'all posted through out the race. I'll be looking for y'all to keep me going. Oh and I'll take lots of pics.
It sounds like an ordeal!!! Maybe your week's goals could be on preparing a bit more. For goodnesss sake, at least get some good shoes!!! But prep or no, good shoes or no, I will cheer you on. Because it is a great accomplishment and I admire anyone who does it.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

Calories revolving between 900-1400 (this is a new reduction for me in hopes to kick start some losing)M-Y
Cardio 5 x weekM-Y
Weight Lifting 5 x weekM-Y
Planking 5-7 x weekM-Y
Some other additional physical activity 2-3 x week
Water 60oz dailyM-Y

Had strong workout today. Did legs and had two personal best! Best squat so far 150# x 6 reps and leg press 210# x 6 weeks
Old 02-20-2012, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

Hope, it's too late to change shoes. New shoes would cause more harm than good.

Kim, congrats. I love squats. Do you ever do overhead squats? Those are hard!
Old 02-20-2012, 01:15 PM
FitDay Member

Hope, it's too late to change shoes. New shoes would cause more harm than good.

Kim, congrats. I love squats. Do you ever do overhead squats? Those are hard!
I don't know what overhead squats are? I use a rack because i have no spotter. I love squats and leg press because i can move significant weight and it makes me feel really good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.