Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In? >

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread... Who's In?

Old 02-21-2012, 03:36 PM
FitDay Member

well, I was going to put in some time at the hotel's fitness center, but it was closed. I guess that's what I get for being super lazy all day and procrastinating. Morning! I gotta do it in the morning!!

'Night Y'all!
Old 02-21-2012, 03:57 PM
FitDay Member

Cool I did it!

I exercised! After not feeling good it felt good to do some walking with a DVD, but am a little not just up to par.

My motivation for exercising tonight was so that I can come on here & say that I did it. It seems as if I should be getting better everyday.

I'll post my FitDay Challenge later, but in short:
#1. Drank goal for water plus more.
#2. Stayed At/Below Calorie goal
#3. Exercised
#4. Weighed-in at 210lb -> Aiming still to stay at 209 lb and below.

I'll catch the chatter and will post more of my full goals a bit later.

ETA: At least my back is better.

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-21-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:07 PM
FitDay Member

You guys are a funny bunch today I managed to read all your posts but unfortunately can’t respond to everyone but please know I want to. I have to get to bed 6am is going to come very early tomorrow and I am sure working in heels for nine hours is going to be exhausting after having so much down time so sleep is a must immediately. Good night and have a great Wednesday.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=N, T=6.5k
Exercise 5 days: M=N, T=Hike
Squats 4 days: M=N, T-N
Ab work 5 days: M=N, T=N
Arm work 3 days: M=N, T=N
Calories less than 1400: M=1481, T=1408
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-328, T=-579
No sugar: M=N (martini’s), T=N
Old 02-21-2012, 11:51 PM
FitDay Member

Fat Tuesday Report

Health & Fitness:

1. Calories 1,400/day. 1,433, 1,420 close enough
2. 100 oz water daily. 72, 72
3. Execute exercise plan (should equal about 7 hours). 62 min, 35 min, 60 min (total 2:37)
4. Calorie deficit 5,000. -680, -834 (total -1,514)
5. Protein 25% or higher. 22%, 18%
6. Log & report everyday. Y,Y
7. Last Monday 164. Post weight: 168.4, 165.4, 164.8

Other stuff:

1. Spend 30-60 min daily working on rabbit cages. N,N
2. Finish my little part of the taxes. N,N
3. Housework 45 min daily +1 load of laundry. NN,YY
4. Call guy about elliptical parts. N,N
5. Distribute 4-H calendar. N,N
6. Spend 1 hour daily working on Betsy costume. Y,Y
7. Write down the most wonderful thing that happened.
M: I had a nice long chat with my mom, about nothing specific.
T: All of my History Club kids are going to districts (because they want to, not because they have to), save one, but he's totally excused, his hockey team made the play-offs which unfortunately fall on the same weekend. And here's the cute part, my hockey/history buff was actually trying to figure out if he could skip the play-offs and go to the history competition, but unfortunately he's on first string, and the kid who plays his position on 2nd string has a busted ankle (which is probably why the history competition looked easier eh? A 10 minute presentation vs. 3 hours of hard ice skating being chased by guys with sticks, no brainer there.)

Goals for Lent:

No white flour Y,Y
No white sugar N,Y
No skipping workouts, and no more than 2 consecutive days off. Y,Y
No cheating. Y,N
No profanity Y,Y

Did better with middle DD this morning. Turns out she does have an ear infection, so I was mean to her when she was sick - again. I swear I should know by now that when I want to yell at her I need to take her temp and call the doctor instead. Anyway I gotta get going it's time for drop-off.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

Calories revolving between 900-1400 (this is a new reduction for me in hopes to kick start some losing) M-Y, T-Y
Cardio 5 x weekM-Y, T-Y
Weight Lifting 5 x weekM-Y, T-Y
Planking 5-7 x weekM-Y,T-N
Some other additional physical activity 2-3 x week
Water 60oz dailyM-Y, T-Y

The scale just is not my friend lately. It feels like I am working very hard, eating right and that dumb thing just won't move. Sunday starts TOTM so there is a possibility I am holding some excess water and once that week is over the scale may move again. I know the closer you get to your goal the harder it seems to lose. But geez I have been on a plateau for a while now. Sorry to whine. thanks for listening.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:07 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hope, great job so far. That's a lot of water!

Tori, how many miles are you willing to commit to, at one time, while on vacation? I may be able to go Thursday evening... If you're game.
Thanks! Maybe not as much as you with the cooler full but I am getting there!!!
Old 02-22-2012, 12:14 AM
FitDay Member

Luv, you're doing great!

Amy, you are such a great mom. Cut yourself a break! Great job with your history kids and that is a cute story!
Old 02-22-2012, 01:00 AM
FitDay Member

Out the door early today. Just wanted to wish everyone a great day! I'll catch up later...

quinn
Old 02-22-2012, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Headed into the city for some shopping and lunch with the fam. Will get some pics today. PINKY SWEAR!!

Have a great Hump Day everyone!
Old 02-22-2012, 03:43 AM
Super Moderator

Darlene: Haven't called my doc about the symptoms yet. I'm fairly certain that the first thing he's going to ask me is whether I'm sure or if I've documented it... so this month I'm going to be writing a little journal about it and seeing if I do tend to suddenly get these symptoms right around TOTM or if that's just in my head. Congrats on the job, wooohooo!!!

Mern: Thanks for the hugs I've been on birth control since I was 12 for medical reasons, so I actually really don't even know what life is like without them!!! Funny how that works. I only very vaguely remember having terrible (and long! 9 days!) periods before going on them with such heavy bleeding that I had to miss school. Not looking forward to that again when I eventually go off them, but maybe I'm remembering it worse than it was. I'm LMAO at your story about your MIL -- tooooo funny!

Amy: My older ones never bothered me, but they're also a fairly high estrogen pill, and my doctor isn't comfortable with me being on them when I don't have to be. I had been on them due to, at first, my medical reasons (my balance of estrogen was wonky as a teen) and then because of my weight. Now that I've lost a lot of the weight, he's trying me on the lower dose of estrogen. I'm going to be writing down all of my symptoms and discussing them with him if indeed it IS a TOTM theme. I'm fairly certain it is, but I have no proof other than my shoddy memory. I'm actually considering switching docs, too, so maybe I'll get a second opinion. My current doc is great in some ways -- he's really personable -- but I've asked him repeatedly to get me on a generic pill and he firmly "doesn't believe in generics" and thinks they're not as good as the prescription. I was on a generic for like 15 years, and it was FINE. It's become a contentious issue for us because I don't like paying 50 bucks a month for my anti-baby pills when I used to only pay 10, and he refuses to prescribe me the generic. I might just refuse to see him again, haha!

Also, your SIL's list is NUTS!

Kim: Diving is SO much fun as I remember it, I sometimes wish I had kept up with it, but I never found a good group. I got my certification when I was 17 and went on my test dives, but after that it just kind of fell by the wayside after I hurt my ankle. Good for you for keeping up with it! What a lovely hobby.

Quinn: GREAT news on your mom, that's wonderful!!!

Weekly Goals

Food/Exercise/Lifestyle Goals

1) Calories between 1200-1500 T: 1,492 (Week Average: 1,492)
2) Exercise 3 times this week, high intensity T: No
3) Calorie deficit of 4,000-5,000 T: -312 (Week Total: -312)
4) In bed by 11:30 every night T: Nope
5) Protein between 25-30% on average for the week T: 27% (Week Average: 27%)
6) 80 oz. of water daily T: 64
7) Take my multivitamin!! T: forgot
8) Weigh in daily and post here T: 158.6 W: 159.3

Other Goals

1) Turn in 5 job applications this week T: 3
2) Prepare for exam review by Thursday T: not yet
3) Take some "me" time every day T: Yes
4) Don't sweat the small stuff T: I tried

My motivation has still gone out the door somewhere on vacation, leaving me behind! Geez. The only good thing about yesterday was I logged my food "sneaks" -- the bad news is that I had any at all. And I skipped breakfast this morning! That's never ever a good sign for me. I need to find whatever it is to get me motivated and go gung ho. I still think it's just uncertainty about my job that's making me feel really timid and down on myself. I haven't gotten any other interviews or nibbles since that one great opportunity, and I think I'm feeling like kind of a failure right now. It's bleeding into everything. I'm SO close to my healthy weight threshold, but I really just can't be bothered right now, and it sucks.

I needed to vent a little. Maybe it'll help, who knows?

~Terri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.