Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12

Old 02-13-2012, 10:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Goals for the week

Hi everyone, It's been a crazy day with plenty of unscheduled problems and meetings to keep me from getting my scheduled work done. I hate days like this, but sadly Mondays in tax season are a special kind of hell, so it is what is. Anyway, my goals are the same, like Cassie I'm going to stick with them till I get them right! I did lose 3 lbs last week, so that brings my loss to 7.5 lbs since the first of the year. Not great, but it's something. I think the added movement is helping and my main focus this week is still going to be getting steps in. Unfortunately, I had so many meetings today that I didn't think I could excuse myself every half hour to walk around the building but I did as much as possible. Anyway, here are the goals

1200-1400 cals
80 oz water
Treadmill T-Th-Sat
5000 steps on non TM days
8000 steps on TM days
Weights and Floor Exercises at least 3 times.
Post here every day

Cassie- I think your goals are great, you can’t change them just because you don’t always hit them, even though it is tempting! As far as sleep goes, I think everyone is different and you should listen to your body, if you feel good then it’s probably enough for you.

Terri- Great job logging everything, that means you were still in control, that is the most important thing! We all have to climb back on that horse sometimes, your goals look great this week, and so does that chicken soup!

Ashlie- Welcome back! Believe me, we all get derailed now and then, and that’s when we need this board for support more than ever. The good and the bad, post it all!

Darlene- Hope your DD feels better soon, it’s awful when they’re sick. Your goals look great! Step away from the ice cream!

April- Wow!! What a fantastic loss! That is almost a whole clothing size, you must really feel the difference, congrats! Hoping today is a better day for your son, one day at a time! Btw, you looked beautiful in your pics!

Mike- Thanks for the encouragement on the steps, I know I can do it too! I know you’ll do great on all your goals this week too!

Pam- Sounds like a great plan for your co worker, let us know how it goes. Have a great time on your trip!

Kay- It is a new week and your goals look great! And hey, .5 lb is just fine!

Amy- Hang in there, I know weekends are tough but you can do it! Try to plan for when you know you’ll be over in your calories if you can, check restaurant websites for nutritional info before you go and log it. It seems easier for me to stick to plan if I’ve already logged it, I hate to have to go back and increase portions or worse add things that are not so great!

Deborah- Welcome! I’m sure you’ll find a lot of support and advice on this thread, I know I have.

Mern- Your goals look great, you can do this! Hope you have a great day, and no more tummy troubles!

Hope- Welcome back! Some days I too have trouble catching up, we all do I’m sure. Just do the best you can! Sorry about Jake, and your DD worries. Hope to see you here more often!

Have a great evening everyone!

Julie
Old 02-13-2012, 12:27 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi All,
Just a quick check-in to say all is well here. Doing well on the calories and water. I think having water as a goal for a month or so has gone a long way towards making it a habit. Like others, I fill my liter bottle before I go to work and make sure it is finished by the time I head home. There have been many a lunch when I have reached for a soft drink, flavored water, or juice drink only to remind myself I have a nice refreshing bottle of water sitting right in front of me - not only is it good for me, it saves $$$.

Welcome back Hope, I am sorry to read things have been unsettled at your place, but please know that everyone is here for you... the good, the bad, and the indifferent.

OK, time to head home and start packing
Old 02-13-2012, 12:32 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1--Walk M W Th--can't Friday cause we're leaving-didn't walk because I had a better offer
2--drink some more water, woman cannot live by diet mountain dew alone-on bottle 2!!
3--get at least 3 good work outs in before leaving-N
4--weight loss? I'll try!!-starting weight Monday morning 208.4 UGHH

Life
1--make sure all clothes are washed and ready to pack by Wednesday-did 2 loads last night. Probably do 1 more on Wednesday
2--run by Wally World and pick up new eye glass case-tomorrow after work?
3--spend some quality time with Jassie. Bless her little kitty heart, her momma is leavin her for a week-she played with me for ohhhh 2 mintues, then said "uh uh, Gramma gives me TREATS!!!"
4--pack no later than Thursday night
5--DO NOT GO TO JAIL-so far so good!

So, 2 funny stories......I was getting ready to walk this afternoon and my Aunt calls me. Somehow she convinced me to go to an ACTUAL ZUMBA CLASS!!! Have I mentioned to y'all the issue of my 3 left feet??? But she convinced me. I mean, seriously if a 55 year old with a heart condition can keep up, surely I can! Well, once again I was proven wrong LOL! I did have a BLAST though!! It's so much better than doing it at home with my cousin. Bless it, I love her, but trying to get a good workout in with her kids and umpteen million dogs running around it TOUGH!!! I think she's gonna go to the class next week, she's got lots of medical stuff still going on this week.

Story 2: I got pretty much all of my crap moved to Momma and Deddy's over the weekend. Jas had her own littler box over here cause we were here so much anyway. Well, I decided to change it out to her normal "at home box" because it's better, etc. Well Deddy and his clumsy self was in Jas' bathroom (yup, it's hers LOL) and somehow she followed him in and got around his feet as cats are known to do. And he trips. And guess what else. He BROKE THE HOOD ON HER LITTER BOX! I paid $40 for that thing! He gave me the $$ to replace it, but it's still funny! Jas keeps going around the box, like "it's my at home box, but there's something different......" So I've got to run by PetSmart tomorrow and get her a new one. SMH
Old 02-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Just a very quick check in.

Welcome back Hope!

I've had a super busy day today. I went to the gym straight from work. Didn't make it home until after 7:00. Pimp daddy did write 2 policies today. I have another I'm going to write tomorrow. It will be a rewrite to help a client. More so a good deed, I won't get paid on it so I wont count it. Their home is with us at $7474 yr, I'm going to write it at $2901/yr. Pimp daddy is hooking them up.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

i did kettlebells tonight. I finally got a 10 and a 15 pounder so I can vary the routine more now. I do have a bit of a rant tonight though which I put in white
If you'll remember, I was having some problems with my DS and one of his teachers. I thought I was getting things worked out with the help of the learning support teacher. She told me she'd talked to the language arts teacher and that DS would get help in catching up on some missed assignments and would not be penalized for the work being late. Today though, I received an email requesting a conference for Friday morning because DS is failing language arts due to missed assignments. I am angry beyond words about the failure of his teacher to provide the support he needs to succeed.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Cassie, that is just homeowners. Flood is another chunk of change. Thanks, it's rewarding to help people save bigg $$$. Yeah there are some areas of the state that is outrageous for homeowners! I do plan on getting licensed in other states for P&C (property and casualty aka home, auto, umbrella, flood etc.) I'm thinking about Mississippi, Alabama and maybe a couple more. I need to do some research to see if my "system" will work in those states b/c I really don't want to buy leads. I want to focus on cross selling home with auto clients/ auto with home clients to try to save people money, then work off referrals. I may turn to you so I can see how the rates with Liberty Mutual look compared to the others in your state. Not to try to solicite you but to see if there is a viable market for me.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-13-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:51 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by yourbadd
Hi all!! I'm new to the forums and have been repeatedly invited to pop over here and join the weekly support thread...so here I am!!
Welcome Deborah!

Originally Posted by canary52
Happy V day everyone! Be good or at least have fun if you're not.
Welcome back! Always better to have fun while not being good

Originally Posted by jbuschur
Hi everyone, It's been a crazy day with plenty of unscheduled problems and meetings to keep me from getting my scheduled work done. I hate days like this, but sadly Mondays in tax season are a special kind of hell, so it is what is.
Hope your Tuesday is better than your Monday! Thanks for the comments on my loss last week.

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I've had a super busy day today. I went to the gym straight from work. Didn't make it home until after 7:00. Pimp daddy did write 2 policies today. I have another I'm going to write tomorrow. It will be a rewrite to help a client. More so a good deed, I won't get paid on it so I wont count it. Their home is with us at $7474 yr, I'm going to write it at $2901/yr. Pimp daddy is hooking them up.
Holy Crap! My homeowners is only $533/yr!
Old 02-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

April, the $7474 isn't "normal" but I have seen higher. I have one client paying close to $9k and that was AFTER saving her money. Other areas are crazy. In Baton Rouge, you could insure a $500,000 new home for probably less than $1500. Actually I know of an agent last year that wrote a $1m home in B.R. for $1200/yr. that agent owns ALL the leads in that area. He probably spends $10,000 a month in leads... No lie.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Cassie. I'll probably ask my TM what our closing ratios are in Ga. I'll let ya know.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:44 PM
FitDay Member

arrgghh late night snacks are gonna be my down fall! At least it was sorta healthy???? I didn't finish the day with horrible calories though....1372. I haven't really set a calorie limit this week, cause I know Friday thru Sunday are gonna be rough. I'm just going to try and keep it reasonable the rest of the week. Probably 12-1400. I've also got to ramp up my workouts this week. Zumba was really fun tonight, and I'm looking forward to going back. The classes are Monday and Thursdays, and are reasonably priced. You can pay $8 per class, $15 a month (which works out to like 8 classes, depending on how the month falls) or $20 for any 10 classes you can make it to. Which for me would be the better option. You don't feel like you've got to go to both classes a week to get your moneys worth. If you miss a class, oh well, get the next one. If you're going to be in NOLA for a week, oh well, we'll work your ass off when you get back Another thing I like was it was all walks of life. From teenagers to middle aged grannys! Fat, thin and in between. And all sorts of levels of dance ability!

I'm going to go compose my weekly email to CN. Catch y'all tomorra!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.