Notices

First Week's weigh in...

Old 02-11-2012, 08:23 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy First Week's weigh in...

I have been so stinking good all week. Never more than 1500 calories, exercising and drinking 10-12 cups of water every day. I am using our Wii as a scale since I don't have a scale. I weighed in last Saturday afternoon and will be making that my weekly time. I'm so frustrated because according to the scale I've GAINED 3lbs!!! I just don't know how that's possible!!

My calories consumed vs. calories spent is lower..honestly!! I am so ashamed of myself. I would have been over the moon with a 1/2lb loss yet now have to somehow lose 3.28lbs this coming week to make up for not losing this week. I obviously need to fine tune my food choices...again. Sigh, this is so frustrating and depressing.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:53 AM
FitDay Member

awwww I wouldn't let that get you down.. as long as you are doing everything right.. sometimes theres a delay in our hard work.. plus weight fluctuates, so maybe that day it was a fluctuation day..

Also, i find my wii fit plus isnt as accurate as scales, my scale usually shows a bit less than the wii fit.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:00 AM
FitDay Member

Wii fit is not very reliable at all, it told me once I'd gained 12lbs in a day! So don't be disheartened, keep up the good work and you'll notice your clothes feeling ever so slightly looser
Old 02-11-2012, 03:58 PM
FitDay Member

I too use my wii fit as my scale. I have had it show a 5 lb gain in just one day. Then when I weigh the next day it will show me as being back down 2lbs if not more. The days I notice the 5 lb changes are when I drink less water then the day before. Like someone said before, keep in mind that every scale is different. The one scale I weighed in at my nutrition class is right on with the wii. The one in my doctor has weighs me 2 lbs less, and the one at my dieatian office weighs me 2 lbs more. I always try to go buy how a feel and what other people notice. I've been doing this site since September and people are just now asking my family if I've been losing weight. This sit has been a great support for me.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by yourbadd
I have been so stinking good all week. Never more than 1500 calories, exercising and drinking 10-12 cups of water every day. I am using our Wii as a scale since I don't have a scale. I weighed in last Saturday afternoon and will be making that my weekly time. I'm so frustrated because according to the scale I've GAINED 3lbs!!! I just don't know how that's possible!!

My calories consumed vs. calories spent is lower..honestly!! I am so ashamed of myself. I would have been over the moon with a 1/2lb loss yet now have to somehow lose 3.28lbs this coming week to make up for not losing this week. I obviously need to fine tune my food choices...again. Sigh, this is so frustrating and depressing.
This happened to me when I started, too. I remember it clearly and it was like a slap in the face! Keep doing what you know is right and it will all catch up. You may want to consider weighing first thing in the morning, though, since variations in how much you've had to eat or drink, as well as trips to the bathroom could mess up the consistency.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
This happened to me when I started, too. I remember it clearly and it was like a slap in the face! Keep doing what you know is right and it will all catch up. You may want to consider weighing first thing in the morning, though, since variations in how much you've had to eat or drink, as well as trips to the bathroom could mess up the consistency.
Defnitely think about weighing first thing in the morning after you use the bathroom and wearing the same thing (a nightie or nothing ). The daily fluctuations are too varied to count on weighing in the afternoon.

If you haven't done it, take a look at how much sodium is in what you eat. Do you eat a lot of stuff that comes from a box? Sodium is a big drag when it comes to losing weight for me. I haven't used a salt shaker in probably 3 months now and that is the best thing I have done for my weight loss besides walking as much as possible. Keep on doing what you are doing, the weight has to give in and start moving eventually!
Old 02-12-2012, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the encouragement everyone!! I am proud that despite this setback(whether it's true or a scale issue) I didn't go off course. I could have easily drowned my sorrows in the container of cookies I'd made for a potluck but instead had a salad and water.

I just really wanted proof that what I was doing was going to work. I've tried so many ways to lose weight that resulted in being starving all time resulting in an obsession with food and when I could eat again. I really haven't felt hungry with this new plan. I think I will go get a decent scale and not rely on the Wii.

Thanks again everyone!!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

I agree with you on getting a good, reliable scale. You can pick one up at Walmart or Target for a pretty reasonable cost. Amazon reviews are helpful in knowing which ones are good.

BIG congrats on not derailing. That's hard to do . What plan are you following?

I'd like to invite you (not that an invitation is needed!) to check out the women's corner and the 7-day motivational thread. It's sometimes quiet on the weekends but beginning on Monday, we all come out of the woodwork and post goals (optional), and laugh and rant our way through the week. It's a great way to jump in and get to know folks, and also to get support and answers. Hope to see you!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

Plan? I'm supposed to have a plan?!?! I'm not following any specific diet(Adkins, South Beach, etc..) it's an eat less, move more kinda thing. I know that I'll need to tailor this as I go and starting any radical diet will only cause me to quit and revert back to eating whatever isn't nailed down. My goals are to keep calories under 1600 with carbs accounting for (hopefully) no more than 100 grams per day, fat no more than 50 and protein around 45. I have switched to whole wheat foods so my carbs come from a better source. I am struggling with picking good foods and am trying to be patient with myself as I learn and re-train my body/taste buds to be more accepting of some of these foods. I am trying to view this as more a lifestyle change than diet so I don't set myself up to fail.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by yourbadd
I really haven't felt hungry with this new plan.
Sorry for the confusion...I was using "plan" loosely... some of us, but not most of us, do follow a formal plan. I don't, and when I use it, I mean "the way I want to eat." I just figured since you said "plan," I'd ask what yours meant .

Hope this week is going off to a good start for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.