Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Old 02-09-2012, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning all!!

Yup, I said "Good" morning. So far today, it's been relatively "rain" free. **knock on wood** I've had a few minor snafus but nothing I haven't laughed off. I wound up getting a full 8 hours of sleep last night, which means one thing. Yup, I overslept this morning! Oh well, it happens. I think my body has already gone into Vacation Mode. I just keep telling myself that it's only a week away.....

I'll check back in later.

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 02-09-2012, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
2. Limit one diet soda daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
3. No salt added to plate M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch unless raining or working through it M: 35 min - 1-3/4miles, T: 40min - 2miles, W: Snowing like a blizzard,
5. Exercise 3 times during Weds-Sun W: 1hr 10min,
6. 500 calorie daily deficit (3500 for the week) M: -1156, T: -1591, W: -1296, Week's Deficit -4043

Life Goals...
1. Take things one day at a time M: so far so good, T: had a good day, W: doing what I can,

Yesterday started out awesome. I got in a great workout! I added 3 new exercises to try & combat this gut. They must be working because I am sore today on both sides from my ribs to my waistline (belly button). I don't get sore from working out often so this is new use to muscles that aren't used to it. I left today as a rest from exercise day so I will do it again tomorrow.

Yesterday did not go very well in regards to my son. He was very irritated most of the day. He is still refusing to talk to the psychiatrist. Until he does that, it's hard to help him. I even encouraged him to pick a favorite staff member to talk to because they will report it all in his chart for the doctor to read. He wants a release date and they won't give him one. I am glad because when that date comes & goes because he isn't ready he would be even angrier. The really odd thing is that we had such a good visit on Tuesday night and then Wednesday it was right back to all this. He even tried to run when they were delivering their meals to the unit. Each unit is a separate building. The doctor called me personally again this morning. He basically said that he still can't get into him. If he asks questions then my son just shuts down and says it is none of his business. He knows that he has to talk if he wants out. I have explained that I cannot bring him home in the condition he is. It sucks to tell him that but he has to know it. They are starting a new med to help with his agitation and psych behaviors.

Sorry I can't reply to everyone today but it seems like we could all use a group hug
Old 02-09-2012, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

Fit4luv I am going to use your win the battle today quote to motivate me today, it is pouring out so I thought I would skip my hike but I will get no exercise if I do not go out and do it so my battle will be a little soggy this morning.

Mern I do not think I can really count my walk with Kaya as exercise yet it’s truly not very long and because she is still leash training we stop to practice sit and stay and every new noise stops her in her tracks so not a lot of calorie burn.

Quinn Keeping you and mom in my prayers. Great advice on talking to love ones, I sure miss my grandparents.

Terri Awesome exercise day for you, kudos on going for a walk to clear your head.

Amy That’s horrible and funny at the same time but I kind of like all 4 of her legs. Awesome dd story you should be proud you are actually setting a good healthy example for your kids.

Mea I agree this part of dieting is fun and that helps with the not so fun moments.

Tori Glad to hear your day is good so far.

April Hugs to you. Great job on the new exercise’s I am always surprised how many muscles I have that I do not exercise regularly and how much I can feel them when I do. I hope you have a good day.

I am going to hike my partner has not called to cancel either so I have no reason not to go. I need to go play with the puppy she needs to burn off some energy before I leave so she will sleep in her kennel while I am out. I hope you all have a great afternoon.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

Oh my, it's been a hungry day! One of the DISadvantages of working in grocery, there's always food at your disposal. Granted, I could visit the produce department, but the granola bars were calling me

I guess days of practically not eating and making poor choices has caught up with me. Not sure if I should go with the pot pie tonight or not......
Old 02-09-2012, 07:03 AM
FitDay Member

Tori Don't know if you have heard or seen this. A group of military wives got together and formed a choir, a songwriter took some of the letters they had written to their me and put some of the words into a song which they recorded and sold with the proceeds going to Army causes.
If this link works and you watch it, get out the tissues.Military Wives Official Video - YouTube

Quinn Hope your Mum improves soon, thinking of you and your family.

BF has had some good news on his diabetes, they are thinking of taking him off insulin and trying just meds and diet. It'll be a few weeks til we know how it goes but i have everything crossed.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:08 AM
FitDay Member

Tori Sorry I just realised what you meant by "rain free" and now I'm sending you that video link. Apologies.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Super Moderator

Chocolate is not a coping skill. Chocolate is not a coping skill. Chocolate is not a coping skill.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Hello my ladies. My day has been hectic. I finally wrote my first policy for the week and started having a system issue before I could finish it. After an hour on the phone with tech support I was FINALLY able to Git Er Done.

I hope everyone is doing well. I would lie and say that I've ready everones posts, but I just haven't had the time. I did see that Amy is also eyeing down Tori's vending machine.

Gotta run, I'll try to check back in on my favorite bunch of hens later.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Tori, I guess you can't blame it on the rain this time.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I did see that Amy is also eyeing down Tori's vending machine.
How are you guys seeing the numbers on the vending machine? Are my eyes worse than I thought, or is my monitor crappy?

MIKE: my rescheduled mammo is tomorrow morning .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.