Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Old 01-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Pam, trust me at a 13min/mile pace I did a lot of jogging. I can't go far at one time but I do it often!

Tori, GOYA, that's all I have to say and you know what that means!

Quinn, do I win a prize?

Busy day today, I didn't write any but was setting them up to a slam dunk. This may be thinking big but I may end up with 6 this week!!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

Super busy day! OMG 40 posts already! I'm really tired and hoping to go to bed early, so my replies will be brief.

Kay! Congrats on the skinny skirt! We all know we can lose inches without the scale registering a loss.

Amy, congrats on the exercise at FIVE FREAKIN' AM! While the average person's stride is 29 inches and it takes them 2000 steps to walk a mile, my stride is only 20.8 inches and it takes me 3046 steps to walk a mile. So darned annoying. The lady next to me on the treadmill today had hers set to the same speed as I did today and I was taking WAY more steps than she. Shouldn't treadmills take a person's stride into consideration when tallying calories burned? There's no way to program that in the treadmills at my Y.

Zyxst, glad you're feeling better and I wish your hubby a speedy recovery.

Tori, congrats on the 4.2 lbs. lost last week! OMG, sorry 'bout your dislocated knee! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Julie, I hope your long work week goes smooth for you and that you get in some great relaxation the little time you're off in the evening.

Luv, congrats on that 9 lbs. lost! Way to go!

Joanna, I hope things start being more interesting and enjoyable for you this semester.

Quinn, I hope this week is more "unsloppy" for you. I know it's hard when you have so much to do. Show us how you can turn it around this week. I didn't get lunch, either, but mine was due to an appointment and then having to pick up my grandkids right after and then from there ran some errands. BUT then I had to eat small meals beginning with an early dinner in order to get in my requirements for protein and fiber. I made it on target. That's absolutely wonderful that you are staying in the +5 lb. range instead of the +25. You worked hard to get there, so you earned some strutting rights, too.

Mike, you certainly earned the right to strut around when you did 10 miles in just over two hours! Way to go!

Pam, wishing you a wonderful week as you prepare for the half marathon on Saturday.

Darlene, major kudos on the 5 lb. loss sticking! I'm consistent on my exercise type but that's because I basically hate exercise and walking on the treadmill at the Y or with my DVD at home is the least objectionable to me right now.

Lizzie, congrats on losing that 1.5 lbs. Here's hoping for the other 1.5 by next Monday.

Cassie, school traffic and a vet run do NOT sound like a fun way to start out the week. Hope tomorrow is better for you. I'm ready to share a really great green week with you.

Terri, maybe getting more sleep is the REASON you feel more calm. I don't like DH looking over my shoulder when I post here, either. I usually just minimize it because I don't want him invading my private space. I haven't talked to him about it, either. You go first with BF and then tell me what to say. LOL Well, congrats on continuing to lose while not even exercising. Ok, here's a nudge: remember that exercise doesn't just help us lose weight--it does a whole bunch of things to help keep our bodies working well. OMG, less than 10 lbs. from a healthy BMI--that's WONDERFUL!

Last edited by Mern; 01-30-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:18 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
More power to you for doing 20 miles on the dreadmill. I find the road so much easier. This week you WILL get in your miles! Planning ahead is key, when I don't plan, I fall flat on my face... well gut.
I really prefer hiking, but there just aren't enough hours of daylight this time of year. I also have asthma, and exercising out in the cold is problematic. I agree that planning is key. I got off schedule tonight because my husband called and was especially chatty tonight. I ended up only having about an hour to walk, but I managed to get in 5 miles in 64 minutes.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

5 in 64 mins is hauling some serious...

Thank you Mern!
Old 01-30-2012, 01:34 PM
FitDay Member

Monday Report

Calorie limit 1600 daily 1571
Net carbs limit 25g daily 22.3g
Fiber target 25g average 33g
Protein target 120g average 121g
Saturated fat average 12% or less 11%
Cholesterol average 300mg or less 171mg

Veggies/fruit 5 servings per day YES
Exercise 5 days YES
Water 60 oz. YES

Something wonderful: found out today that my eye fluid pressure is benefiting from my exercise five days a week and daily Omega-3 in flaxmeal and fish oil. I still have the incurable form of glaucoma, BUT the lower eye pressure with eye drops and lifestyle changes I've implemented will go a long way in stabilizing my eye health and possibly helping prevent further vision loss.

Last edited by Mern; 01-30-2012 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:42 PM
FitDay Member

You're welcome, Mike.

I'm sleepy and am going to bed early tonight. Taking live-in GD to her college placement test tomorrow morning, so I won't be online until afternoon or evening. Gonna make myself go to the Y before I can post here.

Goodnight, y'all!
Old 01-30-2012, 01:44 PM
FitDay Member

Alright ladies and gentleman, I am hitting the sack. I'm moody and bitchy and the cat won't even come around me. We're gonna see if this thing called sleep is real or just an old wives' tale. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be back to my normal self. I did well for a Hungry Monday. Hope everyone else is doing good so far.

Health/Fitness-
1-under 1300--1133
2-drink more water--Y
3-no eating after 10 pm--going to bed before 10 so considering it a Y
4-walk at least 10--day off
5-workout 3X--day off
6-any weight loss is a plus--starting weight Monday morning 211.4

Life
1-don't take my problems out on others--hmmmm? not so well on this one today
2-pack pack pack--nope
3-enjoy last my last weekend with CN before he leaves
4-catch back up on paperwork--nope even further behind than I thought.....
Old 01-30-2012, 02:03 PM
FitDay Member

Default Last week's posts

Hi all,

Almost 500 posts last week, holy smokes! I got back from my vacation (visited family in Nova Scotia) and "tried" to catch up on last week's posts but only made it about half way through.

I managed to stay on track for the most part; I even managed to make good choices at a market with all kinds of fat and sugar laden temptations. Maybe I am weaning myself off the sugar roller coaster because I really didn't feel like I was missing out on anything. My one downfall was while watching a movie one evening and I was offered potato chips (crisps for those of you across the pond). So much for portion control but I thought about the dropping one egg quote and didn't let it bother me as much as I might have in the past.

I went the gym twice (first time in many years) and it was very interesting to see how much time and effort it takes to burn off calories. I guess I knew it, but it was different seeing it for myself. I know that exercise is an important part of the equation and I plan to keep going, but this reminder of how much it takes to undo a poor choice is really strengthening my resolve to stick with healthy foods and portion control.

I also drank far more water than usual while I was away and am wondering how to do this now that I'm back at work. I know part of it is just because the people I was visiting place a big emphasis on drinking plenty of water but do any of you have suggestions how to do this in the workplace? About 1/2 my day is in front of a computer and the other 1/2 in meetings. You can't get much more sedentary than my job unless you're literally sleeping on the job.

Tori, I hope Tuesday is a better day for you and that you manage to get a good night's sleep. I can relate.

Alison
Old 01-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator

connect, I find that making it a habit has been the best for me. I spend a lot of time in front of the computer, too - or in a lab where I can't drink.

I try to set little water mini-goals. I try to get in 24 oz. of water by the end of lunch (I find if I sip some throughout the morning and get the rest in at lunch, that works). I then try to get another 24 in before I leave for the day. That can be all at once quickly, or in little spurts.

48 oz. at work might be too much for you at first -- that used to be 16 and 16 for me and I worked up to 24/24 But giving yourself a somewhat flexible time for a deadline might be best.

Also.

DANGER WILL ROBINSON.

I HAVE EATEN 4 SLICES OF PIZZA TONIGHT

Yes, it's thin crust and blah blah blah but it is PIZZA HUT.

Thank goodness I worked out, but seriously, I'm writing here to keep me away from the rest of the box. I have no idea where this terrible behavior of mine has come from. I like pizza, but it is usually not a siren's song as it is now...
Old 01-30-2012, 02:57 PM
FitDay Member

Default Danger Will Robinson

It's been a long time since I heard that phrase!

I find I overeat in response to stress in my life, whether at work or in my personal life. I can't always identify what the stress is, but when I do, I find the "hunger" passes.

Thanks for the tips on drinking more water at work. I think I will get one of those refillable water bottles (no BPA and no metal - yuck) and see if that helps. Any recommendations?

Last edited by connect1; 01-30-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.