Notices

Senior Citizen

Old 01-05-2010, 02:56 PM
FitDay Member

Default Senior Citizen

Hey girls...I am happy to go on this journey with each of you. I am a 59 year old wife, mother and grandmother who has beaten breast cancer and undergone gastric bypass surgery to lose weight. It worked...I have lost 118pounds and have kept off 98 for the past 4 years. Medication for serious health issues (I am cancer free, praise GOD) has affected my weight...so now that I am doing better, I plan to use this site to help me and hopefully allow me to help others in this battle.

I am somewhat limited in my exercise regimen, but I love to dance with Richard Simmons videos, so my living room is now my gym...at least 20-30 minutes a day right now. Can't wait until I can dance a whole video.

Let's do it ladies. Especially you young girls...you don't want to look at yourself in the mirror in 20+ years and say..."why did I do this to myself!"
Old 01-05-2010, 03:19 PM
FitDay Member

keep up the good work. Don't call yourself a Senior citzen, I will be 57 this week, and I don't think of myself as a Senior... yet. I'm a grandmother too. I need to lose about 40lbs, and it's not easy,as you know. But, by God's grace you have been blessed to survive cancer. You can do this too! I hope to look in the mirror one day and say "you look great" w/o looking behide me and wondering what happened. Tomorrow's a new day.

Last edited by camtx2; 01-05-2010 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:49 PM
FitDay Member

I have fibromyalgia so am limited as to exercise. I watch Dr. Oz and get great ideas from that show. FitDay is also excellent as I can see where I am going overboard like in the fats area. I was told to keep it at 10% of intake. Carbs are not my problem. I have 75 pounds to lose and have only lost 17 since June! I go up and down, up and down. It looks like I'm eating 400 calories less than I burn (1900 as sedentary). But it isn't coming off. Granted the holidays did me in to the tune of 2 pounds but I've them off already. I'm frustrated. The nutritionist I went to said take the pounds off slowly but this is ridiculous.