Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-24-2012, 12:36 PM
FitDay Member

i'm 35, almost 36 weeks now w this baby boy. i feel sooo huge and baby is sooo low! i can hardly move or stand without getting a Braxton Hicks contraction! For a while I was exercising 3 ish times a week but I'm now I'm down to zero or just stretches. Maybe I'll try to go to the pool on Saturday. I'm congested all the time and tired, I'm anemic, etc. Ah yes, the good ol' last month. Still, I remind myself that as tired as I am now, I'll be even more tired after baby is born! ;P In the meantime I'm trying to eat really nutrient dense foods for baby, like spinach and quinoa and lentils and cottage cheese.

I'm a little worried about none of my clothes fitting after baby is born but I just have to remember that it will take a while to get back to "normal" with nursing so none of my tops will fit, and my body retaining fluid and so on.

Anyway, how do I post a belly pic? When I click the "insert image" icon it asks for a link to the picture. Do I have to put the pic on a webpage first?
Old 01-24-2012, 01:16 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
It's raining now so no walking for me!
I believe someone once told me to "grab an umbrella". Who could that have been???

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA
It's official. I'm sick. No exercise for me tonight. I'm glad I have sugar free Jello because it is the only thing I want to eat with my throat feeling like it does.
Kay, so sorry you're "officially sick". Lots of fluids and rest (yeah I know better said than done). Get better soon.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:28 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
IWhen I'm really whacked out with stress and on the cusp of "binge mode" I try the following:

Yoga
Call a girlfriend and vent
Get a massage (one of my besties is a massage therapist, that's the best of both worlds).
Workout, if the gym is not an option I'll put on a really hard DVD's or maybe the "Just Dance" game.
Go for a nice brisk walk
Get a drink (although not the best low-cal option, the occasional cocktail can be a good thing)
Go shopping (I know that seems crazy but sometimes my stress is from the kids, so leaving the house helps)
Long hot soak, shave my legs, lufa the feet and do a conditioning treatment on the hair, with a sign on the door that says, "if you disturb mom now you will pay for it indefinitely".
Sometimes a little salon therapy helps, mani-pedi, haircut etc, there is a place here in town that does walk-ins, even better they don't speak English so you don't have to make idol small talk.
ALL of these are my go to options. Especially "get a drink", "go shopping", and "mani-pedi". I could use a mani-pedi now!!
Old 01-24-2012, 01:48 PM
FitDay Member

Lizzie My hubby is Hungarian he hasn’t been since he was a kid but we hope to make it some day, the pic’s his parents used to show us were beautiful.

Mern I pray hubby's tests are normal, I would rather have an over cautious dr then one who thinks he knows everything. Good news on the extra energy I have increased my protein over the last 2 days I haven’t really noticed a change in energy but my hunger is almost non-existent which is nice.

Cassie Hugs to you I hope your day gets better.

Tori That house sounds so quaint, I hope you enjoy your walk.

Amy Lol, wow lady even in your long hot soak in a tub you find work to do seriously a soak requires a lavender candle, a good book or magazine, glass of wine or any chilled beverage, bath salts or oils, soothing music or if you have kids earplugs and then you can put your sign on the door.

Mike I hope your busy day multiplies into many $$$.

Kay Get well soon.

Ruby Nice to hear from you glad everything is well and once baby is hear there will be lots of time to lose weight and lots of exercise running around after little ones. I believe you click the paperclip on the post reply box and that takes you to the screen to add pics I am not very good at it so hopefully others can be more helpful, I think that mike uses photobucket to put his online then links us to them.

I am going to go get some kilometers logged since everyone else seems to be on track this week I don’t want to be left in the dust.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:35 PM
FitDay Member

Interesting, yet productive day for me today. Food choices still are not as wise as they should be. I'm not quite sure why. My usual ability to resist temptation has been lacking, although my calories were ok.

Taxes are ready to go to the accountant on Thursday and several really potentially good things happened today, so I'm being hopefully optimistic for a clarification/verification tomorrow. I know I'm being cryptic; I just don't want to jinx anything by counting my chickens before they hatch.

Cassie,
Hoping that things start turning your way... pound out the frustration on a treadmill with your ipod blasting. If it doesn't help, at least no one can bug you and nothing else can go wrong for a little while. My weather is going to be nice (for us) for a few days, so I'm looking forward to hitting my favorite winter trails for the first time in quite a while. Not quite enough snow for snowshoeing, unfortunately.

1. Calories at or below 1200. 1325, 1154
2. 80 oz of fluids, minimum. Yes, Yes
3. Take vitamins. Yes, Yes
4. Limit bread. 2, 2
5. MINIMUM 3 fruits and veggies a day. 4, 3
Old 01-24-2012, 02:38 PM
FitDay Member

Is anyone else having trouble with the site tonight?? Lots of internal server errors when I try to go from section to section.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:40 PM
FitDay Member

Ruby, it is my understanding that, as you thought, you have to post the picture first to a web page and then link to it. I hope your little boy is born soon so you can have this part over with. I remember those final weeks were no picnic. Congestion and being tired certainly don't feel like fun and being anemic has to make you feel sluggish as well. Good for you for trying to eat nutrient dense foods. Aw, you'll be so happy with the new baby that you won't be fretting much about it taking a while to return to your regular size clothes. Big hug to ya and keep us posted how things are going.

Darlene, thanks for the prayers for DH. It'll probably turn out just fine. Glad the extra protein is curbing your hunger. Kudos on your exercise.

Mike, that's one long work day! Hope you enjoyed the Subway and that you got in some fruits and veggies later.

Tori, so did you get your walk in? Aw, I hope you get that house you were talking about. Sounds great for you and the kitty.

Amy, those were some great ideas for Cassie's possible stress reduction. Two all green reports back to back for health and fitness. You had so much other stuff going on that I'm surprised you got in any exercise. Kudos!

Kay, so sorry you're sick. SF Jello surely is the least abrasive on a sore throat--next to ice cream. I hope you could taste the Jello.

Quinn, glad your whole report looks great despite having a hard time resisting temptation. Yeah, the site is driving me nuts--I keep getting those server and database error messages.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:50 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report

Calories 1600 daily max 1554, 1265
Sat fat average 12% of total calories max 12%, 11%
Net Carbs 25g daily max 20.8g, 23.5g
Fiber average 25g 30g, 27g
Protein average 120g 133g, 131g
Cholesterol average 300mg max 208mg, 251mg

No cheat foods at all even if they fit into my target numbers NONE, NONE
Exercise 5 times YES, YES
60 oz. water YES, YES

Something wonderful: I'm actually looking forward to the new treadmills at the Y again tomorrow.

Last edited by Mern; 01-24-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:55 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, if you log on again before bedtime, know that we are thinking of you and wish you stress relief and a restful night's sleep. Big hug to ya!
Old 01-24-2012, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks, y'all for your thoughts and support. The only good part about today is that everyone else has gone to bed, thus reducing the chance that something else will go wrong. Today started off with an accountant crisis, followed by a work crisis, followed by an appointment snafu (so no mammogram ), followed by an ugly sibling incest case, followed by an ugly custody case, followed by an unfortunate car incident, all before 4:30, at which time I picked the boy up from his first day of tryouts...limping...so an unplanned doctor visit happened, then another work meltdown and some band/tennis logistical nightmares that ensued via email. Oh, and a rockin' case of vertigo; that's a new development just now, and I need to find the time to take Jazz to the vet. Sorry to dump it out, but maybe if I vent, I won't eat .

Oh, and I can't get things to click on the site, either.

Well, I'm just reporting in; I tried today, I swear I did!

1. 1350 calories max. 896, 1368
2. Exercise 6 times. One, Two
3. At least 2 sports bottles water. Yes, Yes
4. Log everything and post that number! Yes, Pretty sure I left out some cough drops
5. No treats masquerading as snacks, even if they fit the numbers (thanks, Mern!). None, 2 peppermints and some (organic ) cinnamon cereal

Life:
1. Organize/put away items in guest room. Not yet
2. Stay on schedule with work reports. Yes, Nope, but beyond my control
3. Research and order faucets. Not yet
4. Write card for pediatrician. Not yet
5. Be patient, be patient, be patient. So far, so good! Immensely, don't know where it came from

Last edited by cjohnson728; 01-24-2012 at 04:18 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.