Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Old 01-16-2012, 09:01 AM
FitDay Member

April I swear woman you have more energy than a rabid toy poodle. Don't be surprised when you reach goal that you have to run marathons just to wear yourself out enough to sleep lol. I tried to channel your energy today, but was not quite so successful as you, although I did get some housework done, including a small mountain of laundry.

Mern, don't be so quick to write off next months test results, you just have to be really diligent for the next 29-30 days right? Thanks for the muffin recipe, I'm going to give it a whack later this week.

I've got to get going, there is a huge ruckus going on in my kitchen and I have to get the fishes to the pool in less than an hour.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:13 AM
FitDay Member

Xyzst Welcome. Were about’s in Canada are you? I am on Vancouver Island where it’s freezing today, well freezing for us.

April I am cold to the bone, I am typing this from under my big warm quilt while holding a hot coffee, it was a good hike and we made record time shaved off 5min probably due to how cold we were in the beginning. I also thought that because I am large breasted that self-exams seemed pointless and there is so much talk about whether they are a useful tool in detecting lumps, but I was wrong my Dr says 20% of lumps are found by us! I started doing them monthly back in Oct when Mike was encouraging us to be breast aware and it made me feel less guilty about not having my scheduled mammogram and to my surprise when I felt this lump last week I was positive it was not like the rest and sadly I was right. The good news is that the hospital called and wed morning at 7am I have both mammogram and ultra sound scheduled so hopefully my results will come quickly. The best part of throwing out my clothes when I lost the weight last time was when the weight started coming back on I had no fat clothes to make it ok I had to either buy new clothes or get back on fitday and I am so glad I am back and only regained half of what I may of if I had clothes in the closet to slide back into.

Pam I am sorry you are feeling sick. I am so glad you went to see your Dr about your bp, meds are much better than the alternatives.

Mern My hike was great and cold and I think I need to go soak in a tub.

Lizzie Your Dr would know what’s best for your mammogram schedule they recommend here that over 40 is yearly with family history every two years if no history, under 40 every 3 years. Does it cost to go have one done privately? I really just wish I had gone yearly as I was supposed to because my last one was too long ago to be used as a base so they won’t be able to say its grown this much in a year, but really self-exams and getting our dr’s to also do exams are really important tools we should all be using. Sorry to hear you are sick also, my cold is still hanging on it’s been a long one.

Amy Did you get your mammogram results back.

I made a fantastic squash treat yesterday I just baked it, mashed it up and added cinnamon. I do not eat a lot of winter squash so I am hoping you lovely ladies and mike may have some ideas as to what to do with the 2 I have left.I took chilli out for dinner last night and now its calling my name I guess I should go get a snack before I end up eating my dinner at 2:00. Have a great afternoon.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

I love sqaush soup. There are lots of recipies online. The one I make has apples, chicken stock, onions and some spices. Mary
Old 01-16-2012, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone, let's see... I lost 1 lb last week, so I know things are at least moving in the right direction. There were several times over the weekend when I really wanted to snack, but I think it was just boredom. Yesterday afternoon was the worst, and I knew I wouldn't be able to hold out til dinner so I got the heck out of the house for a couple hours and that did the trick. I really need to keep busy.

Goals for the week:

-Keep carbs, fat and protein at 40/30/30.
-Plan and prepare ahead so I don't come home at 5:00 having no idea what I'm doing for dinner.
-Drop another pound.
-Exercise, at least 2 cardio and 2 strength workouts this week. Time to get more structured with this.
-Get minimum of 7 hours sleep each night. I don't really know how I'm going to do this, but last weeks bout of insomnia was no fun.
- Complete 3 course assignments and start final paper. No point in creating undue stress for myself by procrastinating.
- Finish putting away the last of the Christmas stuff and give the livingroom a good cleaning.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:34 AM
FitDay Member

Better late than never, right? Gonna post last week's totals before making this week's goals.

Health/Fitness

1--1200 to 1300 calories during the week, max 1500 on the weekends---1228, 1079, 1102, 1301, 2024 , 825, 1633
2--at least 64 oz water a day!---yeah, only nailed this one on Monday
3--exercise at least 4 times--I've GOT to nail this one this week. I start out the week so good and then the latter part rolls around and I get tired. BUT NO EXCUSES THIS WEEK!!---Y, Y, N, N, N, N, Y---soooo close again!
4--shooting for at least a 2 lb loss--starting weight Monday morning~222.8---ending weight 219.6!!! woo to the HOO!!!!

Life/Home
1--clean out car--UGH it's driving me insane!!---still need to vacuum
DONE!2--keep up to date on paperwork---sure did!
DONE!3--go BACK to store and get them to take the security device off new sweater---yup!
DONE!4--clean out fridge--it's not pretty in there---yup!

Health and Fitness goals are still not exactly where they need to be. I'm still not drinking enough water, and I'm getting closer to finally being able to say that I hit my 4 workouts per week. I would have only had 2 in but CN MADE me get up early Sunday morning and do some yoga with him before he had to report for PT. So, God bless him, he helped me get at least one more workout in last week. We did make it to the gym Saturday night, but I wound up just watching him. Ever seen a 6' 2" 195 lb. soldier work out?? It's pretty impressive **wiggling eyebrows** I did do pretty good with my life goals though, and I dropped another 3 pounds, so I'm calling in a Win for the week.

This week's health goals are pretty much the same. More water, more workouts and more weight loss. I've logged my food for the rest of the day, so I'm good there. Skipping my normal Monday night workout 'cause my knees are hurting (is it supposed to rain???)

Life goals
1--stay on top of paperwork
2--clean cat's bathroom---I swear, I think she purposefully throws the litter out of her box
3--strip bed and wash linens
4--don't let the guys at work get to me
Old 01-16-2012, 10:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Xyzst Welcome. Were about’s in Canada are you? I am on Vancouver Island where it’s freezing today, well freezing for us.
So far away on Newfoundland. -10C (-19C windchill) today, no snow and sunny.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:53 AM
FitDay Member

Post First Day on Fit Day

I'm 49 years old, 5 foot 5 inches and 208 lbs.

I gained forty pounds when I stopped smoking about 15 years ago and then about four years ago I got sick and was on medication and gained another thirty pounds. For the past two years I have been eating when I am tired, when I am bored, when I am sad or upset, when I am overwhelmed, etc.

I am sick and tired of feeling sick and tired. My bad cholesterol is extremely high and I want to get it under control by losing the weight. I have been trying to eat healthier for the past four months and my triglycerides are down by half and back in the normal range, which is a good start.

My plan is to use this site to track everything I eat, to start walking each day, and to use this forum for information, inspiration and feedback.

Present weight: 208 lbs (January 16, 2012)
Goal weight: 135 lbs (January 1, 2013)
Old 01-16-2012, 12:01 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Amy Did you get your mammogram results back.
Yes, and in just this one little corner of my life, I'm normal.

I prepare squash lots of different ways, baked, broiled, marinated and grilled, roasted (yum), depending on the variety you can also bake it with meatloaf in the cavity or some other kind of stuffing (think "stuffed peppers"), it's also a fantastic soup or chili base. We had acorn squash tonight, just baked and mashed with a bit of spray butter and salt & pepper.

Last edited by almeeker; 01-16-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:03 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard, connect1 and zyxst, looks like you already have the "make goals" part down pat. Most of us make at least some attempt to report in on how our goals are progressing for the week.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

connect1---welcome aboard!

Amy---WOOHOOOOOOOO! sometimes "normal" is a blessing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.