Notices

Girl needs help

Old 01-13-2012, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

Default Girl needs help

Hello everyone.
I hope you can help me with my situation. My body is really toned because i was a swimmer. I worked really hard, i trained 8 times per week. I stoped last year, but i still do exercise. My body is pretty good, but i don't like my legs.They look really "fat" compared to the rest of my body. I know its hard to have my legs skinny, but there is anyway to make them slimmer? Any diet, exercise...
Old 01-13-2012, 07:07 AM
FitDay Member

If it's fat, you can't spot reduce but a good weight loss diet will take off inches. If it's muscle, it will be very difficult to stay in shape and yet reduce your legs' activity enough for the muscle to atrophy.

Have you asked friends if your legs look too big? It may just be your perception.

Personally, I really like well muscled legs on women.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

They say my legs are a bit big. And a measured them, like in this picture:

I have 22.44 inch. I think they are big. I can't use skirts and shorts because i feel embarrassed. I would like to have 20.86, but i think its impossible .
Old 01-13-2012, 07:32 AM
FitDay Member

Do they look defined? 22 1/2 inches is not really that big for an athlete. I would also think that as a swimmer, your shoulders and upper back would be well developed and well muscled legs would balance that out.
Also, another option is to develop your calves. Undersized calves can make a normal sized thigh look too big.
20.86 is rather precise, where did you get that number?
Old 01-13-2012, 08:36 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lunnaris
Hello everyone.
I hope you can help me with my situation. My body is really toned because i was a swimmer. I worked really hard, i trained 8 times per week. I stoped last year, but i still do exercise. My body is pretty good, but i don't like my legs.They look really "fat" compared to the rest of my body. I know its hard to have my legs skinny, but there is anyway to make them slimmer? Any diet, exercise...

Well this is new. You do realize you're on a diet/fitness tracker, correct? It's geared for weight loss/healthy eating, not vanity.

Yeah, this sure looks like another troll.

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-14-2012 at 12:29 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

I think most women think their legs are too big. I participated in a contest (about 10 yrs ago) and had to submit before/after photos. The photo was published and they stretched my legs...goes to show you that what we see in magazines may be bogus!

I have dieted down to where I was happy with my legs but frankly when my daughter saw me and said Mom you are way too thin, I woke up and realized that thin thighs aren't worth it if the rest of you looks emaciated. I'm a bit more realistic now. One of my trainers told me once "hey lady, do you want people to ask 'do you work out?' or 'can I get you a meal'. "