Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
Hi Girls, please will you help me set up a weight goal? >

Hi Girls, please will you help me set up a weight goal?

Community
Notices

Hi Girls, please will you help me set up a weight goal?

Old 01-08-2012, 09:36 AM
FitDay Member

I think one of the best things is to set small goals for yourself first. A big number can seem unachievable, and you might get discouraged and fall into bad habits again. Maybe start off with say, losing 10 lbs in a month? Once you get going, the pounds come off quickly at the beginning because you're shedding water weight, but as you progress, it becomes harder to lose weight, especially if you diet too hard (your body will think you're starving yourself, so make sure to eat healthy and a decent amount of calories).

After you get in to the swing of things, and achieve your 'short term' goals, then maybe you can set a long term goal as well? That way, you'll be able to set something that you know you can achieve because you've already seen results!

Good luck! And I feel your pain. The doctor's scales are always a bit of a shock...
Old 01-08-2012, 10:47 AM
FitDay Member

Hi

Good rule of thumb is to go for 10% of your current body weight initially. SInce using Fitday, I have gone from a size 18 to a 12. I am currently trying to maintain my weight. My advice to you is not to see it as a race but do what I did and make little changes to your day. I try and watch what skinny people do and see how it compares to me.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:35 PM
FitDay Member

thank you for your comments, i lost 4 pounds this week so so far so good xx
Old 01-22-2012, 04:57 PM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by Newjen2012
Happy new year to you all, so today i have just had the shock or my life and had bmi and weight done at the doctors it turns out im 361ibs, i couldn't believe it, i don't feel it, and i don't think i look like i weigh that much either,

i did have a little cry thinking god why did i let myself get this way, but just looking at the amount i weigh is making me want to change my life for the better now.

So onto my weight goal i have no idea what i should be able to achieve in a certain amount of time? can you guys help me? i want to say 10 stone in one year, but is that to good to be true? and how often should i weigh myself?

Hi
I'm new too and we have a similar challenge ahead. I am starting out at 340lb.s interestingly though, size 28. How about we tackle this together and see if we can't motivate one another? I wanted to do 140lbs in a year. Whatever, if I get to the end of the year and I'm down 50lb I will be so happy! I'm happy to offer any support I can.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:07 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Newjen2012
Happy new year to you all, so today i have just had the shock or my life and had bmi and weight done at the doctors it turns out im 361ibs, i couldn't believe it, i don't feel it, and i don't think i look like i weigh that much either,

i did have a little cry thinking god why did i let myself get this way, but just looking at the amount i weigh is making me want to change my life for the better now.

So onto my weight goal i have no idea what i should be able to achieve in a certain amount of time? can you guys help me? i want to say 10 stone in one year, but is that to good to be true? and how often should i weigh myself?

Hi Jen

I have allowed weight and exercise to be public now. The exercise bit could be a brilliant challenge? I need to put something in there each day. Until I get gym membership sorted I'll have to put some effort in but I can't not do it if its public!
Old 01-22-2012, 05:30 PM
FitDay Member

This post to check if my journal has come out as public ok. If not, I'm having probolems! L