Notices

Newbie!

Old 01-01-2012, 02:46 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Newbie!

Hi everyone, I've just signed up and I have a rather steep goal of losing 136lbs to get to a healthy BMI before I turn 30 in October this year!

I'd be glad to meet new friends here and to offer support

Is there a function for adding progress photos on this site?

I'm really looking forward to getting to know people!

Lynsey
Old 01-01-2012, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay. What is your time frame?

You can attach pics by clicking "manage attachments" when posting. I usually upload my pics to photobucket and posting the link.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:20 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Lynsey, welcome! 136 pounds off in 9-10 months can be done, but you'll have to work it hard! And, it may be that you'd be better off losing a bit more slowly. The weight will peel off quickly at first but unless you do really low cal (been there, done that--not the answer for long-term success, I've discovered) the loses will slow as you get closer to goal.

Please remember that those pounds probably accumulated over a longer period than 9 months and it may be unrealistic to lose them that quickly (not saying you can't, by any means!).

I hope you participate in the forums--I find it very helpful to communicate with others facing your same situation.

If you need any help or advice, just ask.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-01-2012, 11:37 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Lynsey and everyone else who reads this!! I am new as well and hope to get to know others on my journey! I recently found out that I am diabetic and need to make a change in my daily routine/food choices. I'm loving this website already!!!
So excited,
Lanette
Old 01-01-2012, 11:55 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by fitndngirl
Hi Lynsey and everyone else who reads this!! I am new as well and hope to get to know others on my journey! I recently found out that I am diabetic and need to make a change in my daily routine/food choices. I'm loving this website already!!!
So excited,
Lanette
Lanette, welcome!

A lifestyle change can be overwhelming, I know. If you need any help with FitDay or have questions, don't hesitate to ask. Oh, and please, join in on the forum discussions if you like, mutual support is a big help.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-02-2012, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default Welcome

Welcome to the forums. I am just starting out as well. Good luck.