Notices

I havent lost weight in 2 months but on a 488cal deficit

Old 12-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

I log mine as vigorous b/c many times I feel like I'm about to puke either during or right after my workout. Even when I don't feel like that, I know I'm pushing myself as much as I can.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:11 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I log mine as vigorous b/c many times I feel like I'm about to puke either during or right after my workout. Even when I don't feel like that, I know I'm pushing myself as much as I can.
I don't feel like I'm going to puke during or after my work out and I know I lift the heaviest that I can because I did/am doing Starting Strength for 4 and a half months but then I stalled a month or so ago so I haven't tried to up my lifts since then and for the volume I just follow Starting Strength. I'm not really sure if I'm pushing myself all the way. Back when I started out I would get DOMs but now I don't.

If you could take a look at my other post to see what my lifts are and give a comment on weather or not you think it is light or vigorous that would be appreciated as I am still unsure even after your post that I quoted.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:13 AM
FitDay Member

Sometimes our bodies don't want to lose weight and they hit a plateau and can't go any further. The cause of this is the body adjusting to your current workout and is kicking into survival mode and slowing down your weight loss manually. I lost about 10 pounds before I hit mine and had to come up with a different way to lose weight. After a while I came across [link removed] and watched their video and decided to give it a try to see what it could offer me. I started losing about 3 pounds a week and still use it today being 87 pounds lighter and with a visible 4pack of abs (working on the 6 pack). You just got to remember to never give up no matter how hard it gets when you’re trying to lose weight. With the right mindset and determination you can do it, I wish you the very best in your journey to lose weight.

Please review the FitDay Forum Rules

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-04-2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Video link leads to a paid program
Old 01-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by derpderpderp1
I don't feel like I'm going to puke during or after my work out and I know I lift the heaviest that I can because I did/am doing Starting Strength for 4 and a half months but then I stalled a month or so ago so I haven't tried to up my lifts since then and for the volume I just follow Starting Strength. I'm not really sure if I'm pushing myself all the way. Back when I started out I would get DOMs but now I don't.

If you could take a look at my other post to see what my lifts are and give a comment on weather or not you think it is light or vigorous that would be appreciated as I am still unsure even after your post that I quoted.
if you're giving it your best I would log it as vigorous.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

The FitDay resting metabolic rate calculations can be way off, so that could be part of it, but by far the most likely explanation is that you are not measuring your food, and your belief about what a "serving size" consists of is much larger than what the product label says.

I remember the first time I weighed out what a single serving of my favorite cereal was, I was shocked! Get yourself a food scale, and weigh everything.

What I did a few years ago was to keep careful records of my weight and all my food intake and exercise. I fit a regression line to it, and found that I burned about 1740 kcal/day (which varies some with body mass), but this was several hundred calories less than was calculated by FitDay.

I don't know of anyone else who has taken the time to really tally up careful records to determine their RMR... if anyone else is out there, I'd be interested to hear what your experience was. But once you do it, then if you keep careful records of your food intake, you can measure your weight more accurately with your food log than with your bathroom scale.