Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1 >

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 12/26-1/1

Old 12-26-2011, 12:38 PM
Super Moderator

Tori, I'm not big into trucks, but it's what she wanted. I talked them down $9k from MSRP. It was actually about $6k under invoice. That was all before I also got them to give her $3k on her trade in (1997 Lexus ES 300 that was nearly falling apart and has 220k miles). I was even able to talk them down 2% on the APR. (still not as low as I wanted but good enough). I love car shopping, I take pride in getting a deal. All in all I think she did well. Now I need to build my funds back up, between this (down pmt), Christmas and the dryer my bike is not looking to good.

Quinn, MNF is on, go Saints!
Old 12-26-2011, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

And it's imperative that she gets what she wants. I've contemplated getting a truck for myself, but I don't prefer to drive them. I've come to the conclussion that I'll drive my Suzuki until the wheels fall off (again). One of the happiest days of my life was the day I got the title in the mail.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

I agree, the best vehicle is a paid off vehicle. Unfortunately for her, it will be a while before she sees that day. She gets what she wants, but she has to pay that note. My main part was to work the deal. The down payment I'll get back.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

OMG, my wedding ring, lost Thanksgiving Day, turned up!!!

Well, there's my something wonderful for today! Had been wearing my ring on my little finger because of gaining so much weight over the years, but it was loose on that finger. I last remember putting it on the kitchen counter when I went to pick over the Thanksgiving turkey carcass and for certain just did not remember I'd put it back on. I start putting up my Christmas decorations Thanksgiving evening after all the guests have gone home. This afternoon, when consolidating Christmas decorations I did not display this year, I dumped a box of unbreakable ones out on live-in granddaughter's bed. A few minutes ago my granddaughter came home and immediately called me to her bedroom to show me the ring was on her bed--right where I dumped out the ornaments!

Last edited by Mern; 12-27-2011 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, that is sooooo wonderful! I'm so glad it turned up. I bet you will sleep so well tonight.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:12 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Mern
OMG, my wedding ring, lost Thanksgiving Day, turned up!!!

Well, there's my something wonderful for today! Had been wearing my ring on my little finger because of gaining so much weight over the years, but it was loose on that finger. I last remember putting it on the kitchen counter when I went to carve the Thanksgiving turkey and for certain just did not remember I'd put it back on. I start putting up my Christmas decorations Thanksgiving evening after all the guests have gone home. This afternoon, when consolidating Christmas decorations I did not display this year, I dumped a box of unbreakable ones out on live-in granddaughter's bed. A few minutes ago my granddaughter came home and immediately called me to her bedroom to show me the ring was on her bed--right where I dumped out the ornaments!
Oh Happy Day - just like Christmas
I just knew it had to be somewhere! So happy for ya. Here's hoping you can get it back on the heart finger soon.

Mike, well done on the Ford dickering! I drive a little Ranger (which Ford is discontinuing this year ). Unlike DH I actually like messing with the stealership guys. I am never in a hurry and can always take or leave the deal. Amazing how the attitude changes when you stand up and say "well, clearly we can't come to agreement here".
Old 12-26-2011, 02:12 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, congrats on your great negotiating skills--surely paid off! I hope your GF rewards you! Sure would be nice if you could negotiate such a good deal on a bike for yourself.

Tori, wow, wonderful to get your jeans for half price! LOL on needing Bi-Lo greeters. I'm not into trucks, but my husband retired from Ford Motor Co. and I'm driving a 2000 Sable Station Wagon. We drive cars until they die and are not worth fixing. OMG, wheels falling off your Suzuki does not sound like much fun! Were you driving it at the time?
Old 12-26-2011, 02:26 PM
FitDay Member

Pam, I got my wedding ring back on my "heart finger" using dish soap as a lubricant. Hard part was getting it past my knuckle, but now that I've lost 25 lbs. since I started wearing it on my little finger, it no longer feels too tight. My knuckle will hold it firmly in place--and I'll never take it off again!
Old 12-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Pam, you are right. Getting up and walking out will get their attention. I've done that before. Today was a different approach, the sales manager came to meet me before coming in. I told him what I wanted, was willing to pay and understood that my time was just as valuable as his and didn't want to waste either. He knew before I parked the car to come in that he better be willing to deal, if I was going to come in to sit down with him.

Mern, I'll be able to get a deal on a bike. The longer I wait, the more I'm leaning towards a new one. My biggest problem is... let's just say that something happened a few years back and I can't afford to take a chance and have my driving record run. That why I originally wanted to buy used, and pay cash. Full coverage on a "crotch rocket" & a bad record could be VERY VERY bad. I may wait 2 years and pull the trigger then.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:38 PM
FitDay Member

Pam, it was really funny because my daughter and I had been talking several days ago about how fun it would be to have a Christmas miracle of my ring turning up. Just a day late--I'll take it as a Christmas miracle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.