Notices

Splurgeworthy Foods

Old 12-20-2011, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

Lightbulb Splurgeworthy Foods

I heard a tip this morning that I think I will use to get through the Christmas Feasts. When faced with temptation stop and rate the item and only give in if it meets the splurgeworthy test i.e. you rate the estimated satisfaction/pleasue from it at a 9 or 10.

I think this may help me with my senseless grazing as I will need to think before I eat. I'm kinda curious to see which foods I will rate highest.

Mary
Old 12-20-2011, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
I heard a tip this morning that I think I will use to get through the Christmas Feasts. When faced with temptation stop and rate the item and only give in if it meets the splurgeworthy test i.e. you rate the estimated satisfaction/pleasue from it at a 9 or 10.

I think this may help me with my senseless grazing as I will need to think before I eat. I'm kinda curious to see which foods I will rate highest.

Mary

Great tip. I've really only got one item on my temptation list for Christmas day, and that's pecan pie. I may wind up eating multiple servings of it. I rate it eleven above everything else (I'm not elaborating on purpose).

I hope that bringing up my guilty pleasure doesn't stumble anyone.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

Great idea.

Pumpkin pie = 9
Pecan pie = 10
Rum cake = 10
Apple cobbler = 10
Dinner rolls = 6
Turkey = 5
Ham = 5
Mashed potatoes & Gravy = 7
Sweet potatoes = 6
Veggies = 4
Mac & Cheese = 6

Well I guess I only need to make the 1st 4 things on my list. I love this idea.
Old 12-20-2011, 05:03 AM
FitDay Member

Banana creme pie = 10
Pecan pie = 2
Apple cobbler = 3
Dinner rolls = 2
Turkey = 9
Bread stuffing = 9
Mashed potatoes & Gravy = 9
Sweet potatoes = 9
Veggies = 5
Chocolates=10
Candy canes = 9
Chocolate cover mints = 10
Cheese platters and wine = 10
I am in trouble my favorite bad for you foods are all here this weekend portion control is the only chance I have.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:47 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Well, I can't think of any food in my "forbidden" category that is tempting enough to cause me serious anguish. I see lots of my (ex) favorite treats listed (pecan pie, oh my!), but I've decided I'll never eat sweets, candy or bakery items again, period. So, no worries there!

Now, if I was able to make that sort of commitment regarding beer, I'd be much better off (and likely 20 pounds lighter).

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-21-2011, 03:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Michael, beer is a temptation as well. At least the heavier stuff. I've been drinking Miller 64 since the summer and had them not too often. Now that I'm on maintenance I'm going to treat myself to some Becks. I've got a 12 pack of Becks in the frig, been sitting there since July, waiting there like the good reserves they are, ready to be called up for combat duty.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:40 AM
FitDay Member

Pecan Pie-10
Chocolate Delight-9 1/2
Potato Salad-9
Mashed Potatoes-10
Sage Dressing-10
Turkey-4
Ham-2
Southern Style Green Beans-9
Corn-4
Sweet Potatoes-0
Pumpkin Pie-0
Mac & Cheese-7
Dinner Rolls-2

I'll have to exercise extreme caution....the family Christmas dinner is filled with landmines.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

I had way to many foods to rate at a pot luck today. I have 50 calories left for the day so I'd better get exercising or plan consume and diet jello for dinner.

I used the small serving method of restraint and passed on the things like buns that don't tempt me. A small brownie with a tiny serving of very good cheesecake was worth 30 minutes of exercise. I should have passed on the apple cider and rice pudding. I love and make a good rice pudding so I wanted to try my friend's recipie.

Mary