Notices

Any Newbies from the Jersey Shore?

Old 12-03-2011, 04:43 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Any Newbies from the Jersey Shore?

Hey Everyone!

New to the site... hoping to keep the committment i made to myself to become a happier, healthier, better version of me in 2012

A few people said i was crazy to attempt this around the holidays...but i say that proves a person's determination even more. if i can make it thru a December of my mom's amazing meals and work parties and still stay on track then i know im really ready to do this!

anyone from the jersey shore a.k.a. Monmouth or Ocean county area ?

Claudia

Last edited by browneyes68; 12-03-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:22 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by browneyes68
A few people said i was crazy to attempt this around the holidays...but i say that proves a person's determination even more.
I was told the exact same thing when I started the road to a new me almost a month ago. 'Why would you start this around the holidays?' 'Aren't you just setting yourself up for failure?' and all the other variations you can think of. I simply told them that yeah, I may have days and even weeks where I lose focus, but it's a long haul issue for me. I don't have 10 lbs to lose, or 20....I need to lose at least 100, so why not go ahead and get a jump start???? 4 weeks in and I'm already down 15 lbs, so it's proven that you can make it through a holiday (Thanksgiving) and still lose weight. Good luck to you, welcome to FitDay, hope to see you around the forum!
Old 12-03-2011, 10:02 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Claudia, welcome! There's always some excuse not to make a lifestyle change, or to start it "tomorrow". Well, as we know, "tomorrow" never comes and there will forever be some reason to put off the lifestyle change we need to make.

I congratulate you for starting "today" and I know you'll do well. If there's anything we can do to help, just say the word.

Regards,
Michael