Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
God's Temple that I have forsaken, commited to Rebuild!!!! :) >

God's Temple that I have forsaken, commited to Rebuild!!!! :)

Community
Notices

God's Temple that I have forsaken, commited to Rebuild!!!! :)

Old 03-05-2010, 01:10 PM
FitDay Member

Default God's Temple that I have forsaken, commited to Rebuild!!!! :)

I started my Life Change, Jan. 9th, 2010. I made a commitment that I cannot take lightly. I made the commitment to myself, but even more important to God. For 25 years I have torn down God's Temple, and have forsaken his Temple. I have commited to rebuild the temple and to use this temple for His Glory!!! Since Jan. 9th, I have lost 36lbs. I weighed 360 when I started. My initial goal is 61lbs by June 18th my birthday. As only the Lord can do, he has manage to take away that craving for soda. I have not had a soda or a diet soda since I started. That in its self is a mircle of God. I just pray that I can I can continue to use God's Strength and not my own to push through temptation, feelings of discouragement, and the physical excercise. I will keep you all posted on the progress.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

Awesome! I wish I could get rid of that soda craving, but I allow myself only one can per day - a far cry from where I was at - usually 2-3 fountain drinks a day!! Can't wait to hear about your progress!
Old 03-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

that's a great way to look at it. Remember Philippians 4:13 and you'll do just fine.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

This is fantastic to hear and I'm glad that you are doing this. You are right, your body is a temple, a gift from God and we should take care of it as the gift it is.

I don't have as much to lose as you do but you've already conquered something I just can't get a handle on. I HAVE cut way down on my consumption of pop, (Diet Coke), to just 1 most days, sometimes 2 on my weekends. I used to drink 3-4 every. single. day. I just don't know how I'm going to get over it...but I'm working on it. I applaud you for being able to do that so early in your new life. That shows incredible will power and strength. You can do anything and you're going to succeed.