The hoola hoop...Who's using it >

The hoola hoop...Who's using it

Community
Notices

The hoola hoop...Who's using it

Old 01-05-2010, 09:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default The hoola hoop...Who's using it

Did you guys see the "Wrestler" w/Marisa Tomai? She was a stripper in that movie. She said, she worked out with a hoola hoop to get ready for the part. But, she didn't say how long she use it per day. Her body is awesome!
Old 01-06-2010, 02:52 AM
FitDay Member

Saw the movie and I agree - she looked great. Hadn't heard that she used a hula-hoop to get ready for the part though. I have NEVER in my life been able to master a "real" hula-hoop, but I've been virtual hula-hooping on the wii fit plus that I got for Christmas for a couple of weeks now and am doing great at it! I could really feel it the next day too. I use the hula-hoop program in conjunction with the other fitness games, but will probably choose it more frequently now!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:43 AM
FitDay Member

I started working out at Curves today, had begged Santa for a membership I was surprised to see a hula-hoop there. It wasn't just any old hula-hoop though, it was weighted and had knobby bumps on the inside. I could see how, if you couldn't hula yourself into shape, it could beat you into it, lol! I'm definitely gonna give it a try

Last edited by Donna Carol; 01-06-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:01 PM
FitDay Member

There's a couple of Hula-hoop workout progs at Hoopnotica: Hoopdance Basics - Acorn Media - Download Cardio Video
I don't think it's free, but they are usually reasonably priced and it looks interesting.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Default wii hula hoop

Just got the wii fit, it is awesome I get the best work out from the hula hoop routine! I work up the most sweat and don't care cause it is so fun trying to beat your own score!Three minutes at a time goes by so fast and before you know it it's been 45 and your done!
Old 01-13-2010, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ValRecob
Just got the wii fit, it is awesome I get the best work out from the hula hoop routine! I work up the most sweat and don't care cause it is so fun trying to beat your own score!Three minutes at a time goes by so fast and before you know it it's been 45 and your done!
I also received the wii fit plus for xmas, and the hula hoop is great and beating my own high score feels good, and you definately feel it the next day. As a kid I use to absolutely love the hula hoop. This makes it fun.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

i have a curves hula hoop and i love it. it's much easier to use than a regular hula hoop...you might be sore from the bumps on it at first.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

she looked amazingggg!! I know nothing of the workout just chiming in on the hotness.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:04 AM
FitDay Member

this is funny because i totally use a hoola hoop...the same ones that i used to use for fun in like 8th grade! I'm 20 and have found it's a low intensity workout, but i notice that it tightens my abs and its kind of a fun thing to do while watching TV. Mine comes apart and you can put water in it to weigh it down and that makes it a bit harder. I've found that simple is better and finding stuff like that around your house is easier to stick to as far as a routine than buying expensive equipment or going to the gym. I do have a yoga ball and i basically just roll around on that too while i'm watching TV and the constant balancing and moving around/falling down/getting up burns calories, and before i know it i've watched a whole hour of American Idol moving around instead of just sitting on the couch. the hoola hoop...a great invention!
Old 01-27-2010, 03:59 AM
FitDay Member

I am going to pick up a hoola hoop next time I am out. I haven't hoola hooped in YEARS- totally sounds like fun!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.