Notices

What do you love?

Old 03-05-2010, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, Thank you! I'm sure you are selling yourself short. Sometimes it can be difficult to acknowledge our attributes. I think many of us grew up with the idea that self praise is egocentric or self centered and modesty is promoted as a virtue. For every one positive attribute, I can easily list 10 things I need to improve. I'm gonna try to put on a new pair of glasses!

Time to celebrate caring, talented parenting, higher learning, pretty feet and nails, artists, chefs, busts, great senses of humor, being a great listener, our eye colors and hair, talents at our careers, our ability to run, lift weights, do pilates or cycling, our organizational skills, the list is endless. We may differ on what we love about ourselves but love we must! We absolutely owe it to ourselves. Someone once told me that who we are is our Creator's gift to us. What we give back is our gift to our Creator. My challenge is claiming and naming the gifts.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:59 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Built
Cassie, Thank you! I'm sure you are selling yourself short. Sometimes it can be difficult to acknowledge our attributes. I think many of us grew up with the idea that self praise is egocentric or self centered and modesty is promoted as a virtue. For every one positive attribute, I can easily list 10 things I need to improve. I'm gonna try to put on a new pair of glasses!

Time to celebrate caring, talented parenting, higher learning, pretty feet and nails, artists, chefs, busts, great senses of humor, being a great listener, our eye colors and hair, talents at our careers, our ability to run, lift weights, do pilates or cycling, our organizational skills, the list is endless. We may differ on what we love about ourselves but love we must! We absolutely owe it to ourselves. Someone once told me that who we are is our Creator's gift to us. What we give back is our gift to our Creator. My challenge is claiming and naming the gifts.
Very VERY well put.

Cassie ~ i'm sure you have very cute ears.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator

Okay, I am really making progress...I am liking my biceps, shoulders, even forearms today. The weights have been doing their job up top and I have a small waist and I can see nascent abs.

Bottom half, WAKE UP!

Although I conditioned hard yesterday and I am sore today, so that is a good feeling.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie ~ WOO HOO!!!!!!!! have to love those weights huh?
Old 03-08-2010, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

Great Thread!!

Ok, I love:

- my perfect sized breasts, not too big, not too small... I even loved them for the past 2 years when I was pregnant and breastfeeding and they were DDs!!
- my back, shoulders and arms
- my eyes
- my hair colour (an au naturel auburn)
- that I am smart
- that I can hold my own and succeed in a male dominated world
- that I don't have to rely on anyone to get me through life
Old 03-08-2010, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Wylie7 ~ what a great list.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

This is so amazing, definitely made my entire day and it's only 9am for me.

My list
I love my big blue eyes

I love my long slender fingers (even if I wear fake nails and they're supposed to be bad for you lol)

I love that my collar bone is showing now

I love that I can now shop in the regular misses side of the stores

I love that I'm taller than everyone I work with, even the men.

I love that I feel I don't have to look perfect when I'm running to the store for a gallon of milk.

I love that I'm independent enough to buy a car, rent an apartment, do my taxes, buy a computer, and change a tire all on my own.

I love that I have the courage to raise my daughter on my own and fought her father to give up his rights because he never wanted us.

I love that I have an amazing best friend who supports me through everything I do.

I love that I put others in front of myself usually, even if it means the dwarf hamster eats dinner before I do!

Thank you to all the women who posted on here, I can't tell you all how much you have opened my eyes today

Alyssa
Old 03-09-2010, 02:27 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie- I'm with you. I'm really struggling with this one. Maybe it would be good to give it a shot. So, here goes...

I love that I am smart and a detail-oriented person.
I love that I am an awesome mom.
I love that not only my kids, but their friends come to me with their problems.
I love that I have created a "safe haven" with my home where kids come when they are tired, hungry, upset... pick one.
I love that I am an awesome cook.
I love how I look in jeans now. I've never said that before!
I love that I can pass for 10 years younger than I am.
I love that I can wear my 16 y/o daughters clothes... and look good in them.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:54 AM
FitDay Member

I am loving this thread! I also love:
    • I tan well
    • I have a huge, "bleeding" heart, especially where kids and animals are concerned.
    Wow, it was really hard to come up with just those 3 things. I'm really going to have to work on that!
    Old 03-09-2010, 03:09 AM
    FitDay Member

Default Awesome thread...

I love reading these posts!!

1. I love my laugh.
    2. I love my brown eyes.
    3. I love my hands and nails.

Ok it's a start....I'll get better with time!

Happy Tuesday everybody!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.