Notices

First week success!!

Old 11-14-2011, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on the 10lbs gone! Have fun at the zumba class! Oh and Welcome to FitDay too!!
Old 11-14-2011, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! It's nice to know that you have people in your corner, even if they are complete strangers. So far all I haven't received any negative comments from my friends, family and co-workers, although I have had a few "why are you starting around the holidays? isn't that just going to be a let down if things don't go your way?" And I get what they're saying, I just know that if I didn't start when I was actually motivated to do so, then I never would. There would always be a reason to postpone it. So, even if I don't lose what I think I should through the holidays, I'm not going to beat myself up over it. It's going to be a learning experience, and I'm sure to have weeks that don't go as "planned". I've just got to go on, and do my best at all times. Again, thank you all!!!

P.S. I'll let everyone know how Zumba goes (pray I don't break a hip, or dislocate a knee)
Old 11-15-2011, 06:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I used to worry about getting laughed at too, because my gym is full of high school athletes, but seriously nobody has ever said anything negative to me. Not once in 10 years. So no more excuses, get your butt to body pump, and pick up a Zumba class in the process.
I did it! I went to body pump this morning...thanks for the push. Loved it and my son loved the child care area. I am going back tomorrow for kickboxing.

Tori-how did Zumba go?
Old 11-15-2011, 11:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mrosesavage
how did Zumba go?
Zumba was fun....definitely fun-ny. A lot of the time we were making up our own steps and laughing while we did it. Like I said, we're rhythmically challenged, so it was an experience to say the least. Thank goodness it was beginner level, otherwise we'd have been LOST!! It was broken into 3 "beats"....Beat 1 was really slow and basic steps--I thought 'Nailed it! I can DO this!!' Beat 2 was a little faster and added a little flair, maybe another step--I thought 'Okay, a little harder, but do-able.' Beat 3 put it all together and went to tempo, and that's when the hilarity ensued!!!! I was a little sore this morning, but nothing that walking it out didn't take care of. More Zumba tomorrow, maybe since I know the basic steps it won't be as difficult?????
Old 11-15-2011, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mrosesavage
I did it! I went to body pump this morning...thanks for the push. Loved it and my son loved the child care area. I am going back tomorrow for kickboxing.

Tori-how did Zumba go?
Awesome, good for you. I'm glad you enjoyed it and I don't have to feel guilty and apologize for being obnoxious.