Notices

Cultivating Gratitude

Old 04-22-2010, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

DesertMountain: Glad you did!

Okey dokey, today I am grateful it is Thursday (this is a reoccurring item on my gratitude list but I'm still thankful for it) and tomorrow is my day off

I'm grateful for the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains in springtime.

I'm very grateful for my 4 children...they each are so special in their own ways.

I'm grateful for my husband and that we've been able to grow up together-especially since I met him at age 15 and married at age 19-beat the statistics-since most marriages at that young an age don't last.

And I'm grateful that you all remain active and supportive and this forum--would be awful without you!
Old 04-22-2010, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

I may have you beat, Beth: I met my husband at 14 and married at 18, this year we celebrate our 18th anniversary. Here's to beating the odds

Yesterday, I was grateful for perfect weather and spending a full hour out in it teaching my son to blow soap bubbles. He gets the wand too close to his face still, so he was blowing bubbles every time he said "bubble". Today I am just grateful a long and rough day at work is over, so I can be home.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator

Default *Bump

I am grateful it is finally Tuesday and my son is on his way back home after a wild band trip to Disney. I've missed him!

I'm also grateful for having had a string of days with my husband without someone popping up asking questions or being randomly goofy when least expected .

I'm thankful for the motivation and courage you ladies have given me over the past four months...you all rock!
Old 04-27-2010, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

I am grateful that ...

hubby's home this week;
at this moment, there is no drama going on with any of my children (with 3 girls, this is GOOD);
I finally learned how to use facebook--I've reconnected with people I haven't talked to in 30+ years, plus get to check in with siblings more frequently;
ditto on Cassie's post--definitely grateful for all who post on the forum and help keep me honest and on the right path!
Old 04-28-2010, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

This week I am grateful for my husband that I am so proud of and my wonderful kids who are totally self-motivated and driven. One will be receiving an academic departmental award tonight. I am truly a lucky wife and mom.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

I'm grateful to work in a supportive environment. Earlier this morning I needed to do field work for a project and three others happily joined me! It's so nice to work at a place where we all help eachother out.

I'm grateful that I have a sister who I can really look up to. She is smart, hardworking and has a great sense of humor! I love that she is always there when I need her.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Default Today...

...I'm grateful for my favorite pair of jeans. Whether they're a little snug or gaping loose, they make me feel so relaxed! I'm thankful that they're really loose today .

...I am also grateful I'm not in middle school any more. Just fielding questions about these algebraic equations is giving me hives. I'm so glad we only go through those years once .

...I am also thankful for some more work coming in after a slow spell. Seems the more I have on my plate, the more I get done (and the less I think about snacking, imagine that!).
Old 04-29-2010, 10:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Thursday

I am so grateful that I have a job that is evaluated by what I produce, not how many hours I log in the office, so that everyonce in a while I can take a day to do whatever I feel like. Today it was looking for the perfect summer sandle (didn't find them... too many gladiator monstrosities with 5" heels), go for a long run after a couple days with a head cold, and catch up with what all you wonderful women are up to.

Pam
Old 04-29-2010, 11:02 AM
FitDay Member

Today I'm grateful for my husband. I put on my black Tinkerbell shirt, the one I wear on the back of his motorcycle and that hasn't fit in a good 3 years. He took one look and said, "You need some tighter jeans to go with that".
Old 04-29-2010, 12:05 PM
FitDay Member

We've had a chilly couple of days, but today warmed to a beautiful 70 degrees--absolutely beautiful and I'm grateful for this kind of weather.

I'm also grateful for the good neighbors we have in our culdesac.

I'm also grateful to be heading out to Colorado to see my grandsons next Tuesday.

Congrats on the tinkerbell shirt Lizzy! Know what you mean about the sandal styles, Pam. Definitely a Roman flair this year!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.