Notices

Weight loss has come to a hault :(

Old 03-03-2010, 08:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weight loss has come to a hault :(

Ive been on my diet since October last year, so far i have lost 3 stone but ideally i want to loose another 2 stone. I havent changed my eating habits at all, since i have been dieting apart from the christmas period i have eaten healthily and exercised regularly. Problem now is nothings happening, before when i saw each week how much weight i lost i felt motivated and it spurred me on to keep at it. Each week now i am getting nothing, the same weight reading everytime and its getting me down. None of my family, friends or even my husband understand why im feeling like this. As far as they are concerned ive lost 3 stone and should be proud. I am proud but im still over weight, i still want to be as healthy as i can for my 14 month old daughter. I have recently stopped breastfeeding my little one and i thought that i might loose weight once i stopped but i havent. Im exercising more now than what i ever have done, and my eating habits are the best they have been in my life. Is it normal to feel like this? Is it likely i will see a loss will it just take time? Looking for some inspiration if anyone has any on offer

x
Old 03-03-2010, 09:08 AM
Super Moderator

Default Hi x!

The first thought that comes to my mind is whether you're eating enough. If you don't, your body automatically slows down its metabolism to conserve resources.

What type of exercising are you doing? Sometimes you need to mix it up to restart the furnace, so to speak. Do you check your measurements, or just go by scale numbers? You may be losing inches but building muscle so the weight would not change as much.

I think the important thing is to tweak it up a little but not to give up. I had three weeks at a standstill recently and this week the scale finally moved again. The awesome people on this site carried me through my moaning and groaning and told me to hang in there and it would change, and it did. Just have to listen to your body and not rush it. Good luck!
Old 03-03-2010, 09:30 AM
FitDay Member

Not being a smart &ss but how much does a stone weigh ?
Old 03-03-2010, 09:53 AM
FitDay Member

I had to look it up too 1 stone is equal to 14 pounds. So 3 stone is some serious progress...congratulations XKerry!

One other factor that may be coming into play is hormonal shifts from weaning the baby. Most experts recommend that breastfeeding moms increase calories by 200 and of course, once you wean, that 200 k is no longer necessary. Sometimes 5 small meals, including protein with each, helps. But as Cassie mentioned, might just need to be patient and change up your exercise routine. Hang in there and keep up the great work!