Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 10/24/11

Old 10-25-2011, 02:09 AM
FitDay Member

Monday Report Card

Health & Fitness goals:

1. Calories 1,400 M-W-Th-Sun, 1,600 T-F-Sat. 2,343
2. Drink 100 oz of water. 75
3. Calorie deficit of 5,000 for the week. -165 (total -165)
4. Exercise 7 hours. 60 min
5. Protein 25% or higher 16%
6. Log everything. Y
7. Report here on the motivational thread everyday. Y
8. 100 sit-ups, 100 push-ups, 100 squats, 15 sets of calf raises. 0-0-0-0,

Other Stuff:

1. Housework 30 mins + 1 load of laundry. YY
2. Get coupon binder sorted out. N
3. Plan yearly 4-H calendar, and work on project for Nov. N
4. Call Grans and Clayton. N
5. Get Halloween costumes done!!! 1 petticoat finished!
6. Deal with outside flower pots. N
7. Bake up and freeze the squash. N[/QUOTE]

I was not feeling very well yesterday, might be due to something I ate. I had homemade chicken noodle soup when we were out for brunch on Sunday and although it was tasty, it was sort of oily or greasy? IDK, my stomach doesn't always do well with fat from meat, and it sort of looked like they'd started with homemade chicken broth. Started feeling icky about an hour after brunch and it lasted until I went to bed last night. This morning I feel fine, so whatever it was is over with now. I don't really know what happened yesterday, I was doing fine until the kids came home from school and pulled out a box of graham crackers and a can of frosting and made their own sandwich cream cookies. Somehow or another the smell of the graham crackers pushed me over the brink and I before the crumbs had settled I'd eaten like 10 full sized crackers, half of them smothered in frosting. Now you would think a stomach ache would have prevented that, but I used to eat graham crackers for morning sickness, so maybe it was something of a unconscious self medicating situation. They did actually make me feel a little better, and all the frosting perked me up as well. But today I'm back to feeling normal, and so far so good, got my workout in and I've logged everything as well. Fitday is even working, yeah.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Slop, no... she's confused.
I used to make something similar, it's much improved if you toss in a bit of Cajun seasoning and some fresh cracked pepper. Another way to make it better is to bake it with some shredded cheese and bread crumbs on the top.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Nutrition Goals...
1. 80oz water daily M: Yes,
2. No buying the dessert of the week (turtle cheesecake) from the work kitchenM: Yes,
3. No stuffing junk in my mouth M: Yes,
4. One diet soda daily limit M: Yes,
5. No added salt on the plate M: Yes,
6. Walk on lunch M: Yes,

Life Goals...
1. Clean out closet M: No,
2. Plant bulbs M: No,
3. Watch my attitude. I've had an attitude lately that isn't good. M: Yes,
4. Do my nails M: No,
5. Give blood on Thursday
6. There will be awesome treats for giving blood. Take them home and share with (give to) my guys

Darlene ... Look at your goals! Way to go girl, even while sick you are rockin it!!

mhibdon ... I love that shaky feeling you get when you know that you have worked out hard enough too!

Cassie ... Hope that sleep helped your headache. You are doing awesome on your goals this week too.

Terri ... How did you do at the store last night?

nottheactress ... Welcome to the thread! You have definitely come to a good place for motivation! Your goals are great!

Mike ... I think your 'slop' sounds pretty good.

Amy ... Good for you for getting a deficit even with your high calories yesterday. Sorry you had an upset stomache. Sounds like it really could have been from the fat in the chicken soup.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hey lovelies! So I tracked Steg’s daily route on DailyMile and um… it isn’t 3 miles.

It’s 3. 47mi!

No wonder it was taking us so long! I was for serious starting to worry that I’d become a turtle! Though now I know that this is a perfect place to train for my 5K’s!!

Mike: I try, I try. :P Yeah, I just caught on to my mix up this morning, I was like “…Oh goodness” Haha, believe it or not, I used prefer Chicken Bog (slop) to Chicken Soup, but now I can’t stand rice so I just eat the chicken :P

Jjeand: That’s actually why I have the goal of “Take Vitamin!” I always take it right before I write “Yes” because if I don’t then I can never remember!

Cassie: I hope that you feel better!!

Main80: I feel sooooo much better now than last week! Ohmygoodness I was a zombie! Haha, I appreciate it! I’m actually a horrific story-teller, I’m always like “OHYMYGAWD, YOU GUISE, I HEARD A JOKE! It’s like, and then, such as, oh my gawd the end!” but man can I be chatty while caffeinated! My color coding probably helps :P

Nottheactress: Welcome! I found that sending myself a text of what I was eating while out helps me remember what all I had. Also, it is a lot less conspicuous than a notepad.
I’m a big fan of starting off small, so we’re in a similar boat!

April: YES!! I have always loved lifting! My favorite magazine/ website ever is Muscle&FitnessHers! My ultimate body-goal is to get close to the definition of the IFBB figure pros.

Last edited by mhibdon; 10-25-2011 at 03:18 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Hey lovelies! So I tracked Steg’s daily route on DailyMile and um… it isn’t 3 miles.

It’s 3. 47mi!

No wonder it was taking us so long! I was for serious starting to worry that I’d become a turtle! Though now I know that this is a perfect place to train for my 5K’s!!

Training is overrated. Do you have a smart phone?
Old 10-25-2011, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome, nottheactress. Glad to have you as the newest member of our group.

Did well yesterday but don't have time to post all my numbers right now.

Oh, my Lord! I finally got the nerve to jump on the scale and I'm up to 215--from last weigh-in of 206.5 quite a while ago. Lot of cheating between then and now but not 8 1/2 pounds worth! A lot of it must be water retention because I've been eating a lot of ham and salty luncheon meats lately.

Will update the weight in my siggy.

Will stay on plan today.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Training is overrated. Do you have a smart phone?
Training is fun! Don't hate! :P

Yeah, I have a blackberry, but there is more user-error than anything. I honestly only use it for email, calls, texting, and the internet to check fb (because the application never works).

Why do you ask?
Old 10-25-2011, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

Happy Birthday, Amy!!
Old 10-25-2011, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Training is fun! Don't hate! :P

Yeah, I have a blackberry, but there is more user-error than anything. I honestly only use it for email, calls, texting, and the internet to check fb (because the application never works).

Why do you ask?
Not hating. I was going to suggest an app to track your routes. It works great on my iPhone, but I guess not on your blackberry, don't hate.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Happy Birthday, Amy!!
Did I miss the announcement?
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.