Community
Notices

a little scared

Old 10-16-2011, 06:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default a little scared

I started on here about a month ago and have lost about 5 lbs. I think this is the first time that I've actually lost weight "the right way" and slowly. On Thursday, I will leave for Washington for some training. I will be staying in a retreat in the mountains and they say there is no computer connection and cell phone is 'iffy'. I do not come home until next Monday. They provide food and snacks. I'm freaking out at the thought of not having internet access to track my calories. I guess I should just watch portion sizes and everything... I've been so good, I don't want to mess it up now.

I guess I'm just venting, unless anyone has any suggestions.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default Congrats on losing 5 lbs!!!

Yes, if I were you, I would watch portion sizes.
You can also request low-cal or low-fat/low-carb/low-sugar meals. (most caterers now-a-days must offer a wide variety of these meals because of so many folks with food sensitivities and requirements.)
Since you have been carefully following your own caloric intake for the past month on fitday, you probably have a fair idea of which foods are loaded with calories and which are not. So you might be able to make a fuzzy calculation for each day without a computer.
If all else fails and you gain back a bit next week....you KNOW you have been successful already...it won't take long to surpass the 5 pound loss!!!
Congratulations again!!
Old 10-16-2011, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Don't forget to log your food the old fashioned way: with pen and paper. Then when you get back home you can enter this information into your journal. Sure, there will have been a lot of guessing going on, but it's better than not logging. Also, if continue to log, you might find yourself more accountable rather than just looking at your whole time away from the internet as "taking a break".
Old 10-16-2011, 09:41 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the encouragement and suggestions. I think I will log the old fashioned way and record when I get home as you suggested.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Don't forget to drink lots of water. Especially before you eat.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:12 AM
FitDay Member

Also a good idea. I think I will bring a water bottle!

Thanks again to those who replied. It's good to have support! What a great site.