Notices

Halloween!!

Old 10-13-2011, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Default Halloween!!

No, this isn't a post about how to stay out of the candy .

My husband's co-worker is having a barbecue on the 29th; we've planned on going for a while now. Recently, he and his wife changed it to a barbecue/Halloween party. It's been ages since we've done costumes; any good suggestions for couples costumes that don't require too much time or money??
Old 10-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

I wish I had a suggestion that was inexpensive. The company that I'm looking at makes stuff for Hollywood and there masks are around $500. If I hit the lottery I may get this one Mortis the Zombie Composite Effects | Custom Theatrical Props, Special Makeup Effects, Silicone Masks, Foam Latex Appliances, Mold Making & Casting, Animatronics, Model Sculpting.

Are you looking for scary, sexy or original?
Old 10-13-2011, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I wish I had a suggestion that was inexpensive. The company that I'm looking at makes stuff for Hollywood and there masks are around $500. If I hit the lottery I may get this one Mortis the Zombie Composite Effects | Custom Theatrical Props, Special Makeup Effects, Silicone Masks, Foam Latex Appliances, Mold Making & Casting, Animatronics, Model Sculpting.

Are you looking for scary, sexy or original?
Yep, I can totally envision you in that one!

Hmm..not too sexy, it's a family oriented thing; scary's not my speed, and original, well, I have Mr. Not Out of the Box to contend with. He agreed we might could try to do Danny and Sandy from Grease, but we'll feel so old if no one gets it!
Old 10-14-2011, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

A caveman couple can be fun if you can find any old fake fur or burlap. You could do a pair of Hobo's out of stuff you have at home. Black sweaters and tights (or jeans for hubby if you can't get him in tights) add a tail and you can be cats. All can be done with face makeup.

You could also switch ID's and dress him up as a woman, you as a man and go as yourselves.

Have fun. Look at what you have on hand and see what you come up with. green garbage bags have many uses as well -- Hula Skirts, dresses. Orange ones can be stuffed for giant pumpkins.

Mary
Old 10-14-2011, 01:17 AM
Super Moderator

Those are great ideas, Mary; thanks!! And thank you for the good laugh at the mental picture of my hubby in tights . I really needed that this morning!
Old 10-14-2011, 03:01 AM
FitDay Member

How cool is that. Looks real scary !!!!

Melinda
Old 10-14-2011, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

I like the switching identities one! I bet that would get some laughs!!
Old 10-14-2011, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, I think you should put the hubby in a dress.

Check out this mask (you can really see the quality of a high $$ mask when it's in action), this is the one that I REALLY want but I've heard that his customer service has went down the drain. Besides... I have better things to spend my pennies on.

Chopper zombie Mask - YouTube
Old 10-14-2011, 02:37 PM
FitDay Member

I have an inexpensive cow suit, complete with udders and hat that I wear every Halloween to pass out candy. (I did it one year as a joke, and now everyone expects me to do it. ) I think I got it at Walmart. My husband has dressed up as a cheerleader (which was hysterical) and did "Men In Black" one year. (Black suit, hat, black glasses.)

Another inexpensive idea is to go as an elderly couple. You can get everything you need at Goodwill for under $10. Or, another cute idea is to wrap yourself up in torn sheets and go as a mummy. (Ace bandages work, too.)

One year, a couple in my neighborhood dressed up as babies, complete with humungus diapers, security blankets, etc. Now that was funny!
Old 10-23-2011, 03:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jacobmeo
So cool! I think I got it at Walmart