Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Weight Loss Tips
New Years Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge >

New Years Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge

Community
Notices

New Years Day Lose 10% of Your Body Weight Challenge

Old 11-06-2011, 05:32 AM
FitDay Member

So, I'm still plugging away, but don't seem to be getting anywhere these days... kinda disheartening, but I'm still at it. It seems like unless I'm logging like 1000 calorie deficits a day, I don't lose. Like, you'd think that 600 calorie deficits would add up over time, but the weight just isn't coming off. I've been stuck at the same weight for a month. Anyway, I just hate how it makes me feel like I'm not accomplishing anything, even when I think I'm doing all the right things. But to those of you who are on the roll, keep up the good work! Hopefully things will get moving with me soon, too!
Old 11-06-2011, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
So, I'm still plugging away, but don't seem to be getting anywhere these days... kinda disheartening, but I'm still at it. It seems like unless I'm logging like 1000 calorie deficits a day, I don't lose. Like, you'd think that 600 calorie deficits would add up over time, but the weight just isn't coming off. I've been stuck at the same weight for a month. Anyway, I just hate how it makes me feel like I'm not accomplishing anything, even when I think I'm doing all the right things. But to those of you who are on the roll, keep up the good work! Hopefully things will get moving with me soon, too!
Sorry to hear you're working hard and not seeing results. It sounds like you need to shock your body by changing your routine and eating differently.

Try exercising in different ways and at different times. Try to load a day each week with protein and minimal or no carbs. Works a treat for me when I seem to plateau
Old 11-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Super Moderator

Monkey, I just subscribed to your YT channel. I meant to earlier but it totally slipped my mind. Check out mine some time.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mecompco
What a crazy ride--193.5 last week, then a "bounce" up to 197, now a week later down to 190 even. That's the way I seem to lose these days, sure do miss the days of fairly consistent big drops!

But, that's to be expected, I guess. Did pretty well this week, no beer and only one day significantly over my 1500-1600 (around 2K).

I have gotten pretty heavy into Green Tea, perhaps that's helping? Anyweigh, I'm feeling pretty confident that I'll be into the 170's by New Years.

How's everyone else doing?

Regards,
Michael
Yeah what you can expect from weight loss definitely changed the closer you get to your goal weight. Just keep pushing. How you started a weight lifting routine yet? I know you had talked about it a while back.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:57 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Yeah what you can expect from weight loss definitely changed the closer you get to your goal weight. Just keep pushing. How you started a weight lifting routine yet? I know you had talked about it a while back.
Yup, down to the last 25 to go--man am I going to be scrawny at 165! And no, I've not begun lifting yet. Hey, it's not as if I have a gym in my school building, or a full bench and weights at home, or a private gym at my office building, or any Anytime Fitness gym within 100 yards of both buildings. Oh, wait, I do.

I have no end of excuses, but it all comes down to priorities, I guess (and perhaps a dose of laziness). I KNOW I've gotta do it.

Regards,
Michael
Old 11-09-2011, 09:06 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default 30 Days In!

We're slightly over a third of the way into the Challenge--the first 30 days have gone pretty well for me, how 'bout everyone else?

Collectively, we've lost 77 pounds in a month!

Come on and let's kick this into gear--2012 will be here before we know it!

Regards,
Michael

Last edited by mecompco; 11-09-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

i'm about 1/3 down for my goal!

i think my body is gettting used to healthier eatting, but it just means i need to kick up the work outs (current doing pretty much nothing the pass 2 weeks almost)

just hard when my film project is starting to get heavy on my shoulders.

come april (when i'm done school) i'm gonna start making a full workout routine and maybe sign up for the gym if i can afford it
Old 11-22-2011, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Talking My Husband Lost 10% doing a 24 Day Challenge

Hey everyone! My husband and I started using supplements from a company called Advocare. They have the most amazing products, and I've never felt better. He used their 24 day challenge and lost 17 pounds while on it. He still wants to loose more but it was a great kick start without having to do any crazy dieting. Of course you still have to watch what you eat put it did give you some structure and also gave you energy while you got through it. If anyone is interested please let me know, the stuff is awesome!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kdf1081
If anyone is interested please let me know, the stuff is awesome!!!
That's awesome news. I lost 28 if 15 days by only eating spam. About 12 years ago I lost 125 pounds of dead weight IN ONE DAY, just by getting a divorce.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

Nice, Mike!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.