Notices

Interesting (funny) activities

Old 09-26-2011, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Interesting (funny) activities

Have you come across some listed activities in FitDay that caught your eye? Something that gave you a chuckle or a good laugh perhaps? Here's the place to list them, along with commentaries if you want!

"Activities":

- "walking to and from an outhouse"

OK, how many people still use an outhouse? And is this little nature walk so far away from the main dwelling that it needs to have it's own category? If you add this to your activities, don't forget to include the corresponding "sitting on toilet" or you'll be missing out.

- "farming, chasing cattle, non-strenuous (walking), moderate effort"

I don't know about this one. I'd say that "chasing cattle" is a pretty strenuous effort, especially since one has to dodge all the horse pies and the like. Also, why is there no "cow tipping"?? This is a very popular sport for college students.

- "having hair or nails done by someone else, sitting"

Not a big calorie burner, obviously, but if you tried "sitting, reading religious materials" you can burn an additional 7 calories in 20 minutes. So the next time you're at the beauty parlor, you may want to bring your Bible and do a little reading.

- "Anishinaabe Jingle Dancing or other traditional American Indian dancing"

One has to wonder exactly how many American Indians use FitDay and search for "Anishinaabe Jingle Dancing" as an activity.

- "feeding animals"

Rejoice the next time you feed your companion pet, knowing the more times you feed them, the more calories you burn. This actually burns a whopping 56 calories in 20 minutes, so instead of pampering yourself like getting your nails done, you may want to just stay home and feed your dog.

Last edited by VitoVino; 09-26-2011 at 01:49 AM.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:03 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Well, we have an outhouse at camp. And I will say that visiting it at night, when the snow is three feet deep (don't step off the path!) and it's -30 F, I bet one does burn a few calories! I don't recall that I've ever felt the need to log it, though.

And I do use the feeding small animals activity for feeding and watering the chickens every day.

As to traditional American Indian dances, well, no.

It IS funny how many odd ball activities there are, given that some very popular ones are omitted.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-26-2011, 03:59 AM
Super Moderator

IDK if it's still on the list but I LMAO when I saw "Sitting on the toilet"!
Old 09-26-2011, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

I always get a chuckle out of the different degrees of sexual activity. Not that I disagree that there are different levels, it's just can't see myself saying, "wait, wait, slow down, what time is it first?". I mean seriously?

Chasing cattle can either be strenuous or not, depends on weather or not you and the cows are going in the same direction, and well it also depends on which of you is in the lead.

Last edited by almeeker; 09-26-2011 at 04:21 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default more...

- "standing - bathing dog"

Burns about 57 calories in 15 minutes. No category for washing a cat. If anyone has ever attempted this feat, surely it burns at least double the amount that it takes for a dog. Omitting cats is a clear oversight as this dangerous activity is a proven calorie burner.

- "digging worms, with shovel"

I'm guessing that using your hands would be about the same? Anyway, since worms are a great source of protein this activity is a real winner.

- "excavating garage"

Huh? Excavate: remove earth carefully and systematically from (an area) in order to find buried remains. Has your garage gotten SO CLUTTERED that FitDay just cuts to the chase and calls it "excavating" rather than the more traditional "cleaning out"??

- "airplane repair"

This wouldn't be that startling except for the fact that it's listed under "Home Repair". And here it was you were wondering whether Hugh Heffner had a FitDay account!

Old 02-23-2012, 12:34 PM
FitDay Member

Being a camper I could use the walking to outhouse one however I suggest there should be several categories: in increasing calorie burns: at bedtime ; at 3am alone with strange noises in the trees; at midnight as you see a skunk under your car; at 6 am the morning after finishing off that questionable meat in the cooler or the 12 beers.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
Being a camper I could use the walking to outhouse one however I suggest there should be several categories: in increasing calorie burns: at bedtime ; at 3am alone with strange noises in the trees; at midnight as you see a skunk under your car; at 6 am the morning after finishing off that questionable meat in the cooler or the 12 beers.
I really got a good laugh out of that.