Notices

I've lost my first fight at weight loss

Old 08-26-2011, 04:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default I've lost my first fight at weight loss

I've had a horrible summer weight wise and i'm pretty much back at square one.

i plan on join the gym in a week or so, i only have one week left of my internship which started my derail from the tracks.

I've gained back 20 pounds, i'm unfit and I've gained inches again. i'm extremely ashamed of myself i was hopeing to be under 200 lbs by this point.

i failed myself and i need to start over from scratch.

also internet explorer does not like letting me make posts on these forums any way i can fix that?
Old 08-26-2011, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

Me too.
I lost 15 pounds, then went on vacation and gain half of it back. I have been tried to get back but seem very tough.
But I did this before, I can do it again. Just take some time, start walking and get back on your healthy schedule.
We can do it.
Mai
Old 08-26-2011, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator

I weighed in at WW about two months ago and I was down 4 pounds. I was pretty happy, because usually I lose anywhere from a half a pound to almost 2 pounds a week on the program.

Without really trying very hard, or overeating or anything, I put that 4 pounds back on very quickly (2 weeks, I think), and now, it has been weeks and weeks of slowly losing to get back down to that weight. You just have to keep on keepin' on. I was down .6 lbs this week (not even a pound) and glad of it - at least I didn't gain!

There are two guys who put out a free podcast on itunes (fat2fit) who really calm me down about keepin' on and losing weight slowly but steadily. Jeff Ainseley and Russ Turley (not sure about spelling those names). When I'm feeling discouraged, I listen to them (I burn the podcast to a cd and play it in the car). If you google 'fat2fit' you can listen to them on their website, too.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

The main thing is you have come back don't be too hard on yourself, we live in a stressful world with lots commitments and to top it all we are surrounded by delicious food. I have struggling with my weight for 25 years and I am at least 70 llbs overweight with a very small frame. Finding this site has been so helpful as we don't seem to have free online diet websites here in the UK.

Be kind to yourself, the past is the past - gone.

I wish you success.

Kind Regards
Old 08-26-2011, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

I've done the same thing; this is about my third go round of getting serious to lose weight. I first started at about 195 pounds, each time I quit and restarted, I started at a higher weight then before.
Don't give up, you can do it.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:13 AM
FitDay Member

I have the same issue with internet explorer. I just use fire fox instead.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:34 AM
FitDay Member

yeah when i try and post i get a white screen and nothing happens
Old 08-26-2011, 05:43 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Yunalee,
Welcome back, I'm glad to see you again.

Hey girl, don't be so hard on yourself. Old habits are very hard to break and unlike smoking, drinking, or gambling, it's not like you can just quit eating.

Take a moment to figure out what undid your progress (I am guessing you have already done that) and come up with a plan to undo your undoing. One day at a time and 1 foot in front of the other. You can do it!
Old 08-26-2011, 07:22 AM
FitDay Member

hey all thanks for a comment.

i mostly fell off track due to a few things.

1. not working out anymore, mostly due to doing alot of work, weither it's in the studio, on the farm, or in my home office.

2. long commutes. which means at least 3 days a week of sitting in my car for 2 or more hours. which also means eatting while in traffic.

3. eatting tonnes of fast food. because where i've been working snice june there is fast food all over the place, it's so quick and easy to grab.

i think these were the big points in my downfall.

but i'm done work here next week, and i'll be back in school. i'm going to join the gym and go 3 days a week, i'm not sure for how long each time tho 1/2 hour? a full hour? more?

i am going to get back to trying to do 10,000 steps a day. and a small workout on the days i don't go to the gym.

as for fast food i'm going to try and cut back to only once a week for a start. i know i was able to do it before so i think i'll be able to do it again. it'll be easier with summer over and not going out with family alot anymore.

this also means i need to bring lunch and snack to school anyone have any good ideas for that kind of stuff, i got no fridge to keep stuff cool, and only have microwave access.

thanks for any help
Old 11-22-2011, 09:44 PM
FitDay Member

Every pound lost is cause for a celebration. Congratulations and keep up the good work!