Notices

Ready to lose

Old 08-24-2011, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default Ready to lose

Hello
I am 43 and have always considered myself to be a thin person until 2.5 years ago when I started going through a divorce and took a stressful job that put me on graveyard shift. I gained 20 pounds in the first two months and another 15 the next six. I would eat to stay awake at night and to fill the boredom and depression I found myself in.
Have a nice man in my life now that loves me for who I am which at my age is a first….just wish he wasn’t such a dang good cook! LOL I am also now on day shift but still in the same stressful job.
Thought by being able to sleep at night it would fall right off. That the thin me would just pop back into who I feel I should be when I look into the mirror. That has not been the case. So now I find myself needing help and support to get back where I feel good about how I look and have the energy that I used to have.
Any words of wisdom and maybe a kick in the fanny once in a while would greatly be appreciated!
Heather
Old 08-24-2011, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome aboard Heather. This is a great place to come for support and advice, we're also pretty good at cheering each other on and kicking each other in the butt when necessary. You and I are about the same age, I'll be 43 in Oct., but unlike you I've struggled with my weight since I was in elementary school. It sounds to me like you have gained a few bad habits along with those pounds. Logging may be very helpful for you, it really helped me to see where I was going wrong calorie-wise throughout the day. I might also suggest that you take a look at your pie chart, because it's not just how much you eat, what those calories consist of is also important. One of my biggest weight loss problems is that I LOVE my carbs, and when left to my own devices my diet is like 80-90% carbs, which is killer for my waistline. So get started and check in at the forum when you need some support.