Notices

Exercise Bikes?

Old 08-19-2011, 03:35 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Exercise Bikes?

Hi everyone, I'm new here . I'm sorry if anyone has posted a thread like this before but do you find that exercise bikes are a good way of firming up (and losing weight)? I've been thinking of buying one for a while now.

Any advice would be great, thanks
Old 08-19-2011, 06:46 AM
FitDay Member

If you would use it, it would definitely help to lose weight.

Can you get a free pass to a local gym and try out some bikes before you purchase one? You might find things you like and don't like about them. Also try out a spin bike. That could be really fun as well if you get some videos to do with it.

Why are you considering a bike and not another type of exercise machine?
Old 08-19-2011, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

I really like to warm up at the gym on a stationary bike, and would love to have a better one in my house. The one we own is crippling. I'm thinking about getting one for myself this year for Christmas. The ones we have a the gym are all Life Cycle brand, which I probably can't afford. If anyone has a stationary bike they like please share the brand name.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

I absolutely am addicted to bike riding, either road biking or mountain biking. I've tried stationary bicycles several times and they just bore me to death. It's not just the lack of scenery (and the TV just doesn't cut it), but it's that the sensation of going fast is missing, there's no exploring, and the lack of fresh air and wind for cooling is what I dearly miss while I'm on a stationary bike.

To me, a real bike is a fun workout and a stationary bike is just like work. But that's just me.

My recommendation is, if at all possible, is to consider getting a decent, inexpensive bike. Go for the real thing if you can. If not, definitely check out a stationary bike at a gym before you go and spend money on it. I know a lot of folks who buy one and then never use it. But people who buy bikes tend to use them.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:02 AM
FitDay Member

I forgot to add... yeah, if you really want to firm up your legs and butt, with low impact to your joints along with good cardio, with weight melting off, bicycling is the way to go.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Thanks everyone...

I will definitely be looking into buying myself a bike soon xx
Old 11-02-2011, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

Since I've got 2 bikes, I was thinking of one of these when the weather gets too bad to ride-

I'd like to build one or buy if I can find it cheap enough.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sw07
Since I've got 2 bikes, I was thinking of one of these when the weather gets too bad to ride-

I'd like to build one or buy if I can find it cheap enough.

You know, that's a great idea! I suppose you could make your own, but I just found one for $66 which includes shipping. Not bad. PM me if you want the link.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by VitoVino
You know, that's a great idea! I suppose you could make your own, but I just found one for $66 which includes shipping. Not bad. PM me if you want the link.
After I posted that, I looked on Ebay and found quite a few with good pricing.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Yup, that's where I found the one I mentioned. It has $20 shipping but the total is $66.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.