Notices

Is flavored water allowed?

Old 07-21-2011, 09:08 PM
FitDay Member

Default Is flavored water allowed?

Hey…
I was just looking for if it’s ok to use water flavoring packets in my water? I love water, but sometimes I get tired of just plain water
Old 07-22-2011, 09:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I don't know why not--they have 0 calories don't they? However, like diet soda, some folks may find that the sweetness sets off cravings for other sweet foods/drinks.

Regards,
Michael
Old 07-28-2011, 11:51 AM
FitDay Member

For a change of pace I buy Lime flavored Seltzer water. Zero calories, lightly flavored and not sweet, and along with the fizz it's quite enjoyable.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

I drink flavored water all the time. Plain water can get incredibly boring, and I find that if I just try to drink unflavored water all the time, I start craving something with flavor. If that something is flavored water, I will give into soda.

I use flavor packets, and drink a lot of Sobe Lifewater and Vitaminwater. I just make sure to get the Zero calorie kind, which actually doesn't taste like "diet" drink.

I also check what they use to sweeten it. I try not to drink anything with aspartame or other chemicals that are supposedly harmful. Instead, I look for things like blue agave nectar, and stevia extract which are supposed to naturally come from plants.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sammaine
Instead, I look for things like blue agave nectar, and stevia extract which are supposed to naturally come from plants.

Good tip. I'll be on the lookout for beverages containing these.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:22 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Tristanan
I will never recommend the flavored water because flavored water can't remain the water. Plane water is the best source of the pure water. We can call this flavored juice not flavored water.
Plane water is my favorite--rather pricey, though, and those pat-downs make it hardly worth the effort.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-13-2011, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mecompco
Plane water is my favorite--rather pricey, though, and those pat-downs make it hardly worth the effort.

Regards,
Michael
ROFL!

Tristanan, if you're about to start spamming, just don't even go there.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:26 PM
Banned

flavoured water is a very good tip i do use flavoured milk when i got annoyed of simple milk but now i ll definitely try flavoured water.....
Old 09-19-2011, 12:37 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by neatcorvin
flavoured water is a very good tip i do use flavoured milk when i got annoyed of simple milk but now i ll definitely try flavoured water.....
I agree, simple milk is the pits. Now, I DO hope you're not going to start SPAMMing the forum as we'll take away your chocolate milk money.

Regards,
Michael