Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > Forum Feedback and Support > FitDay 2.0 Feedback & Support
Trying to Use FitDay to Gain Weight? Read Me! >

Trying to Use FitDay to Gain Weight? Read Me!

Community
Notices

Trying to Use FitDay to Gain Weight? Read Me!

Old 07-26-2010, 10:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by scriber
I just figured out the caloric tracking on a daily basis which is just what I needed
However
I am trying to gain weight and it appears that the site does not let you have a goal that is greater than your starting weight. This is a disappointment
Thanks for the feedback
Well, the site IS free

And the cals/nutrition is the tough part--dropping your weight goal and weigh-ins into a spreadsheet would be pretty easy.
Old 07-27-2010, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

Im following the workout on StrongLifts 5×5 Beginner Strength Training Program | StrongLifts.com and he has a free spreadsheet that graphs everything too which is very slick! This workout worked great for me, during the 2 months I did it I managed to put on 14lbs. Now Im going to start it again
Old 07-27-2010, 08:58 AM
FitDay Member

for natural bodybuilding take a look at this:
Forget Steroids: 5 Full Body Workouts For Serious Gains | Muscle & Strength

I stickied this site too, for when I finish TT.
Bodybuilding.com - The Future Of Bodybuilding! Huge Bodybuilding Site.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:32 AM
FitDay Member

Bump. I would also like to see this "feature".
Old 08-06-2010, 10:55 AM
FitDay Member

It did allow a higher target weight at one point, but they changed it for some reason. I used it for that a few times and it was great. I want the feature back or disable the warning.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:49 AM
FitDay Member

Why not just enter a higher starting weight by, say, 100 and then you'd see if you are gaining weight. You will know that it's minus 100. Just a thought.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fitday won't record my weight b/c I want to gain...

I wanted to use fitday in order to calculate my caloric intake since I'm trying to gain weight. However, it seems that fitday only tailors to those that want to lose weight. Whenever I try to put in my goal weight I keep getting a "Your goal weight is greater than your starting weight" message. Wow, really fitday? I wanted to watch my intake so that it's balanced and not too excessive. I also would like to track how much I would need to gain the pounds by a general date, like those that are trying to do the opposite. This annoys me as much as people who assume that gaining weight is not as hard or important as losing weight. F-
Old 09-09-2010, 12:36 PM
FitDay Member

C'mon, guys. It would be so simple to just disable the warning/block against the higher goals.
It's a great site, otherwise.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:09 PM
FitDay Member

If you want to gain weight, read the advice of Bob Schwartz in Diets Don't Work. He owned a gym and he said that when people came to him and wanted to gain weight, he put them on a diet and they would ALWAYS without fail end up gaining weight.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

I'm trying to do that, but thought I could use this EXCELLENT site to help me keep track and stay ON track.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.