Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > Forum Feedback and Support > FitDay 2.0 Feedback & Support
Trying to Use FitDay to Gain Weight? Read Me! >

Trying to Use FitDay to Gain Weight? Read Me!

Community
Notices

Trying to Use FitDay to Gain Weight? Read Me!

Old 06-20-2010, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

Sauteed vegetables in olive oil might be an option. How about avocadoes? That's the main ingredient in guacamole, which you could eat with pita chips if gluten's not an issue. Eggs, nuts and seeds would be good options too. I had a friend in college who was like you, and she did turn out to be hyperthyroid. I also know someone with Crohn's disease that had to have part of her intestine removed, so she now has a hard time maintaining her weight. She's an ER nurse, and gets really sick of "You can't gain weight? I wish I had your problem". And I have a diabetic coworker who has difficulty keeping weight on. So while I don't share your problem personally, you certainly aren't alone.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

It is not a good idea of Increasing intake of junk foods and fatty foods to gain weight. You should be eating calorie dense yet nutritious food. Your calorie intake should come from foods that are healthy for you. The weight gaining diet should include high protein foods, high carbohydrate foods and healthy fats. Include these in your diet. A high-quality multivitamin and mineral supplement is a good idea to make sure you are getting all of the vitamins and minerals you need.

I found a good pdf file, click here --> http://www.snac.ucla.edu/pages/Resou...s/HOWtGain.pdf

You can even download it on your computer.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

Nuts can be a great source of calories! And they are monunsaturated fat, so not only are you getting calories, you are getting healthy one.

Seeds can be great calories too, sunflower seeds etc.

Maybe try getting a bag of trail mix or a mixed container of nuts.

Carbohydrates can also be helpful in gaining weight (personal experience). But its usually the bad carbs....not sure if that can be done with your allergies.

A key to losing weight is cutting calories...so the opposite is true. Use fitday to track your calories, and eat MORE than you burn. So if you work out at all, then you have to eat more.

Last thing, muscle weighs more than fat, so working out isn't a bad thing....but you are burning more calories, so it's a toss up.

Good Luck! And welcome to fitday
Old 06-29-2010, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

+1

I need to eat a lot more, i see. I only get about 2200 a day :P
Old 07-12-2010, 09:08 PM
FitDay Member

For body-building or anorectic people this would be a real help. Gaining weight is not always a bad thing (as long as you eat clean)
Old 07-22-2010, 02:31 PM
FitDay Member

same here, i'm trying to gain weight while watching the calorie intake, its kinda stupid fd.com won't let you do it, im sure it can be fixed easily....
Old 07-25-2010, 03:05 PM
FitDay Member

Default Weight Gain!

I signed up to fitday because I thought I could track my daily caloric instake and get a report each day of my total (fat, carb, protein). Does this site do that?

I also put in my goal to gain weight but the site give me an error that my goal weight is greater then my starting weight and wont save

Can someone help and explain these issues please

Thanks
Old 07-25-2010, 04:50 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by scriber
I signed up to fitday because I thought I could track my daily caloric instake and get a report each day of my total (fat, carb, protein). Does this site do that?

I also put in my goal to gain weight but the site give me an error that my goal weight is greater then my starting weight and wont save

Thanks
If you put your food in, you will see a pie chart if you scroll down with fat/carbs/protien.

I don't know about being able to put in a goal to gain weight--you may not be able to.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:53 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by scriber

Thanks
To your first question, yes, FitDay will track your caloric intake and macro totals. Just follow the "My Fitness Journal" to log your foods. You can either create a list of custom foods from the link on the left side of the screen and manually add the nutritional facts, or search a food from the search bar above the Food Log.

As far as gaining weight I'm not sure. Most people I've seen on here are trying to lose fat so I'm not really sure.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:13 AM
FitDay Member

I just figured out the caloric tracking on a daily basis which is just what I needed
However
I am trying to gain weight and it appears that the site does not let you have a goal that is greater than your starting weight. This is a disappointment
Thanks for the feedback

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.