Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > Forum Feedback and Support > FitDay 2.0 Feedback & Support
Trying to Use FitDay to Gain Weight? Read Me! >

Trying to Use FitDay to Gain Weight? Read Me!

Community
Notices

Trying to Use FitDay to Gain Weight? Read Me!

Old 03-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Smile

Doesn't a little bar graph appear next to your food log? It uses the baseline calories you need for your level of activity and then compares the number of calories you eat to the number you 'use.' As long as what you eat is more than what you use, you would be gaining weight. I know it doesn't have to do with 'goal' you've set, but it does give you some visual reinforcement to gain weight.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by VitoVino
They have announced that this is the plan, but haven't specified if it will be for Premium or regular:

Permalink: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...html#post66968
Vito, it's my understanding that it will no be implemented, for a number of reasons, one being the calculation side of it isn't just reversing the numbers of weight loss.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:11 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Vito, it's my understanding that it will no be implemented, for a number of reasons, one being the calculation side of it isn't just reversing the numbers of weight loss.
Mike, I don't think you clicked on the permalink. On Facebook it's clear that it will be implemented, and I think it's IBobi in charge of running FB.

But hey, you may be right. TPTB announced that an Android app was "high priority" in May 2011 and there hasn't been so much as a peep since.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Administrator

There are no active plans to implement weight gain, though it has been discussed.

The FB page is a team effort, btw
Old 03-06-2012, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by IBobi
There are no active plans to implement weight gain, though it has been discussed.

The FB page is a team effort, btw
Thanks for the clarification. Well it looks like somebody got their wires crossed by stating "We definitely have plans to implement it once the new FitDay.com site is out of beta and launched completely" on the FB page.

Personally I don't care one way or the other. But it's good to know what the official word is so those of us in the Forum who are trying to answer questions are not left in the dark or giving false information.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default Fit Day for weight gain?

I hope you will consider allowing users to set weight goals higher than your starting weight. It seems just mean that all those nice tools and I can't use them.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:15 AM
FitDay Member

I agree! I've been asking about body composition features; BMI is basically pointless for athletes. I'm cutting at the moment---at about 11%, but when I'm at my goal I will be reversing direction immediately. I would also appreciate the ability to set a "2 pounds per month lean gain" forecast.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:22 AM
FitDay Member

Agreed. It would be a useful tracking tool for us hardgainers as well.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

i want this too
Old 03-19-2012, 11:13 AM
FitDay Member

Angry Trying to put together a weight gain plan, and FitDay is giving me grief...

Am I not able to set my target weight to higher than my starting weight? I am underweight and wanted to use the FitDay program to help myself keep track of my daily calorie intake among other things. Every time I go to the 'Weight Goal' section and enter my target weight however, I get an error message stating that my target weight is greater than my current, which is the point considering the fact that I'm underweight. Is there anything I can do to get this to work in my favor? I am not seeking to lose weight as it seems most people are. I am seeking to gain weight instead. Is this program not for me?

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.