Notices

Trying to Use FitDay to Gain Weight? Read Me!

Old 03-29-2011, 05:32 AM
FitDay Premium Member

FitDay does not currently support weight gain. We've been told that feature is in the works, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Sorry.

Regards,
Michael
Old 04-03-2011, 05:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default Trying to gain weight

So I know that cites like this are a way for people to try and track their weight loss, but I had to use this for a class, and it showed me that I actually have to gain weight. I was wondering if there was anyone else on here that had to as well. Maybe we could help each other.
I know it seems weird to have to gain weight instead of lose it in today's society, but hey it happens.
Hope to find someone soon.
Thanks
Old 04-03-2011, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay. You are correct, sites like this are geared towards losing weight. We are trying to implement an option to set a weight goal of a higher weight. As of now, that hasn't been done and I don't know when it will be. How will your class have you use this site?
Old 04-03-2011, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

We had to put in the foods that we ate for about three days and see our calorie intake and where we were getting the calories, from carbs, fats or protein. Then do the reports and turn them in. Just a quick view into what we were eating and how much. I started exploring the cite a little and started to add in my activities, and found that I was burning about twice as many calories as I was eating. Plus my BMI is about 17.78.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

I'm with you. I let my weight drop when I started cycling again and now I need to climb back up to keep it in a healthy range. I have trouble keeping track of how much I'm burning versus taking in and it'd be really helpful if this site had an option to help track that. I know we are in the minority, but we still exist!
Old 04-07-2011, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

All they would need to do is make it a simple warning when someone enters a goal weight greater than their current weight. Completely prohibiting this is ridiculous.

By changing one single line in the source code of the website, they could make it much more usable for the sizable community of users that are on weight training programs and looking to bulk up.

Are you listening Fitday? For such a simple fix, wouldn't it make a lot of sense?
Old 04-10-2011, 11:56 AM
FitDay Member

Question Gaining Weight - setting weight goal

Hi,

I am trying to gain weight so when I input the weight goal, which is higher than my current weight a large red sign appears saying that my weight goal is higher than my current and I can't use it.
Does anyone know how to use this if you are tying to gain weight? Is it even possible to use it?

Thanks
Old 04-13-2011, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

I, too, am trying to gain mass/weight and am frustrated the weight goal does not allow one to make a higher weight as a goal than they are currently at.

I'm sure there are many situations in which people want to increase their weight. I hope this gets changed soon.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by abktaw
i just want to find a site that i can track my daily meals to gain weight. this is very annoying trying to find a site to do this. it seems that its all about losing weight. why cant people realize it is just as hurtfull to be teased about being underweight as it is to be overweight. i dont know where to go to get the help i need. i have searched the internet for days, visiting alot of different sites...still no luck finding what im looking for. can anyone give me any suggestions?
I agree. I thought I'd be able to track my weight gain on here too. But nope. I'm really tired of being 106 pounds. Folks may think I'm just complaining (since i'm skinny and not overweight), but I think confidence lies within the way you feel about your body, too. And overweight people aren't the only ones with body image problems. Since I'm a stick, I'm not too confident. I too want curves! I was referred to this site by another weight gain site anyway. It suggested that I use Fitday to track my calorie intake, but I can't even put down my goal!!! It sucks. Hope they fix this.
But if all else fails, there's this other site I'm using that let's people record weight gain as well as weight loss too.

Please read the rules before posting links.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 05-01-2011 at 02:24 AM.
Old 04-30-2011, 05:14 PM
FitDay Member

Actually, you may be surprised how many bodybuilders use this site. I would have never of known about fitday if it wasn't for several bodybuilding sites/forums recommending it to me. Sometime I'm trying to lose weight, sometimes I'm trying to gain and it all takes careful monitoring of my calories regardless of which direction Im going.
Originally Posted by lordmage
i hate to suggest this but look at the reason behind why you want to gain weight and find a more appropriate place to track it. just remember you could reverse those numbers to get an idea on how much more a day you would have to eat. but remember to gain weight you just have to eat more then you burn. maybe a bodybuilding site may help you best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.