Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie

Good morning (10 am here in PA) decided to try and see if i can lose some weight and be a little healthier. The Drs want me to lose weight (3 knee surgeries already and i'm only 26) and eat better (on the diabetic track, thats family members) . So if anyone has any pointers for this website I would greatly appriciate it. Also, if you have any great reciepes as my other half has heart conditions (and shouldn't have a lot of salt) and I have a 5 year old with ADHD (not diagnosed yet but pretty sure bipolar) and i've heard there are things to stay away from with those two diagnoses.
THANKS
Old 07-20-2011, 01:03 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to FitDay and the forums. Read through the subforums and I'm sure you'll find many helpful ideas and people to help you work your plan.

If you need help with the site, just ask.

Regards,
Michael
Old 07-20-2011, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

I don't know a lot about specific food groups to avoid with ADHD and bipolar but staying away from simple sugars is a no-brainer. You will want to keep your child's blood sugar as steady as possible. It sounds like your family could benefit from working with a nutritionist.