Notices

How Cool

Old 07-18-2011, 12:17 PM
FitDay Member

Default How Cool

Historically, anytime I've attempted to lose weight I've kept a set of clothes at each size for "just in case". What kind of defeatist approach is that? It really says I'm not going to make it so keep these clothes for when I don't.

This weekend I got rid of the first group of clothes that no longer fit because they are too large. Wow! It was great and it was also great that I have plenty of the next size down so no need to shop.

I'm down 47 lbs. (355 to 308) since May 29th, 2011.
I am grateful for the opportunity to eat right and exercise. I don't take this for granted. I don't have a magic formula but for me fruit, vegetables, lean meat and plenty of water with about an hour a day walking seems to work for now. I try to keep the focus on nutrition vs. weight loss

Now the really cool thing is my wife and daughter have joined me so there is a really nice level of support in my home.

I really appreciate you guys and it's so good to read the great things that are happening and the support for when there are bumps in the road.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by uswjst01
Historically, anytime I've attempted to lose weight I've kept a set of clothes at each size for "just in case". What kind of defeatist approach is that? It really says I'm not going to make it so keep these clothes for when I don't.
You are no longer attempting or trying to lose weight, you ARE losing the weight! Congrats on losing those 47 pounds! It IS really cool that your wife and daughter have joined you. It sounds like you are doing great!

As for the clothing that I "outgrew"? I got rid of it all! Even most of the stuff that fit but wasn't "fitted" to my shape. I worked too hard to hide under baggie clothes!

I am now at the point of being confident that I will never need those clothes as back up. I didn't even keep a pair of, what a lot of us women refer to as "fat jeans", because if I need those, then I need to figure out WHY I need them even more!
Old 07-19-2011, 02:18 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by uswjst01

I'm down 47 lbs. (355 to 308) since May 29th, 2011.
WOW!!!! 47 lbs. in less than 2 months?!?! That is awesome. I am looking to go from 210 to 175 or so. Not just weight loss, fat loss. My wife and I are doing it together also for a weight loss challenge at her place of work.

Keep up the great work.

Frank
Old 07-19-2011, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Well done. And you are right about getting rid of the bigger clothes. That is what forced me to get back on track before I regained all I had lost a few years ago. Having to go out and buy bigger clothes was a big motivator to take charge of my weight. The few I bought to get me through are now in a bag headed for the good will. 20 more pounds and I'll be replacing my whole closet! Mary
Old 07-19-2011, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Woohoo! Congrats on your loss so far and the great start you are off to. I agree with vabeachgirlNY ... you are no longer attempting...you are DOING it!! Keep up the good work!