Notices

FitDay web autologouts too frequently (Admin monitored)

Old 08-25-2011, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Well, we had IN N Out burger at the company picnic today, so we're all busted.

Vito, that is the intended functionality; if you want your password remembered you'll have to enable that at your browser (Firefox is really good at that).

Paul
Old 09-06-2011, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

Just signed up and this is really bothering me as well. It logs out so frequently it's often within the same browing session.

Also, it should have absolutely nothing to do with your internet connection speed. It's an issue with cookies.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Angry Auto logout a pain when I want to update data several times a day

This is getting really annoying. I like to update my data several times a day - for everything I eat, when I eat it; for every activity I do, when I do it. I have to log in every time!!!!

It has nothing to do with internet connection, and nothing to do with browser type. It has everything to do with website code / server configuration.

Does anyone read these emails other than the users!?!?!?!?!?!?

Very frustrated.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:42 PM
FitDay Member

Yes it is rather annoying but not unbearable. Maybe they will fix it....one day.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

There are two cookies each with a thirty minute time out. They are updated when you request a fitday web page. You can use a cookie manager to remove the timeout / expiry. I am using Cookies Manager for Firefox.

Unfortunately, since the cookie is refreshed every time you load a new page it will overwrite the expiry time you set. This means that you can't just change the expiry time at the start of a session. If you remove the expiry after the last page load before you take a break then it works.

So:
. get yourself a nice web browser like Firefox
. load a cookie manager like Cookies Manager+ for Firefox
. log onto fitday
. use fitday
. use cookie manager to remove the expiry date on _ibcv and __utmb
. stop using fitday for as long as you want
. return to fitday and use it
. continue .. and remove the expiry date immediately prior to each break

I hope this innocent information helps and doesn't get me thrown off by the thought police .. if they are reading this.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:38 AM
FitDay Member

That's a great tip, howitzer!

I hope this innocent information helps and doesn't get me thrown off by the thought police .. if they are reading this.
Doubtful. Although you may catch a little flack from some folks for talking about "cookies"!
Old 09-28-2011, 08:52 PM
FitDay Member

Ok, scrap that, it doesn't work!
Old 10-03-2011, 02:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Auto logout far too frequent

The auto logout is set to something like 30 minutes. If you're like me and you have access to the web most of the day then you will want to update food and activities numerous times during the day. Every time you come back to the site after thirty minutes you have to log in again - what a pain!!!!!

I really wish that you would change it.

There are a lot of other people feel the same - though the thread is maybe on the wrong forum ..

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...-frequent.html

Please help us .. ..
Old 10-03-2011, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

I sent an email to [email protected] asking for a response on the thread. I agree with others: this looks like a bug rather than a feature and it could easily be fixed by changing the expiry on the cookies.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by IBobi
Well, we had IN N Out burger at the company picnic today, so we're all busted.

Vito, that is the intended functionality; if you want your password remembered you'll have to enable that at your browser (Firefox is really good at that).

Paul
Busted big time buddy! Lol, How did I miss these last few replies!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.