Notices

Newbie Saying Hi From NC!

Old 07-07-2011, 02:22 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Newbie Saying Hi From NC!

Hi Everyone!
My name is Lora and I am from NC. I am following a low carbohydrate diet per my doctor's advice. Hopefully it will not only help control my PCOS (which is why she put me on it), but also help get the 60+ pounds I've gained off.
Just 7 short years ago, I was 137lbs and a size 3/5. Withing 2 years I ballooned up to over 200 lbs and a size 18 with NO changes to my diet or activity level. After a few trips to the doctor and a lot of blood work, we found out I have PCOS. Carbs are the enemy! LOL
The doctor put me on low-carb to help prevent diabetes. Hopefully it will have another side effect of weight loss. It's going to be hard since I am addicted to my sweet tea, popcorn, etc. But I am confident that I will be able to adjust. Thank you for having me! Nice to meet everyone!
Old 07-07-2011, 07:13 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome! Carbs are evil! LOL!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:06 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 25Less
Welcome! Carbs are evil! LOL!
Well, without carbs, you'll die, but I do hear 'ya! Many do well with low carbs. Personally, I stay around a 40/30/30 carb/protein/fat mix that has worked pretty well for me. Every body is different, though, so do what works for you!

Regards,
Michael
Old 07-07-2011, 11:18 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry to hear about the PCOS diagnosis, I understand that can make dieting really difficult, and unfortunately very necessary. Welcome aboard the forum, it's a really great place to come for support. And most of all good luck on your journey.