Notices

Atkins

Old 05-18-2010, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RichardBuckner
For the second day I ate about 25 net carbs and 1,250 calories, not enough calories. But the terrible hunger pangs have subsided. I am losing inches on my waist even though the weight loss has slowed down. I think I am going to be able to do this. I am increasing my physical activity. Anybody in L A want to go on long walks on the beach at Channel Islands Harbor with me?
If you only are eating that amount, you will lose weight no matter what you eat. Eat 1250 calories of pizza if you want and you will still lose. It sounds like you are weak and starving and uncomfortable doing this which is impossible to keep up. I eat a bit of everything and found it much better than trying to follow the atkins way and i still have lost 60 lbs very easily with no hunger or weakness.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:41 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lil.oh.me
So, Richard, tell us about yourself? Why are you trying to lose weight? What got you to this point, you think? Other stuff...

Also, did you post in the men's forum? They may have extra help for you because, as you know, men and women lose differently. I am looking for all the help I can get. I have had a little something extra everyday--like shelled peanuts. Am I purposely sabotaging myself?
Well I definitely have my fat burning furnace going and am gradually picking up my exercise. My meeting with my diet buddy went great. I am going to add berries and cut back dairy and nuts. So far so good today. I will concentrate on foods with a high calorie to net carbs ratio--still keeping carbs down. She punished me for losing only a half pound instead of two but cut the target down to a pound for next Monday. I am still losing. I have to use the stationary bike 5 days a week (it is so boring) and walk the dogs 6 days a week. I have to meet her Friday and run; I am a walker not a runner. So she is doing her job and sticking it to me.
Gonna walk the dog and use exercise bike now. Better than sleeping.
As to myself, I am a playwright. I lost my mother in August and my older brother was selfish in probating the estate. He had always lorded it over me and my mother favored him so when he got the things mom had promised me it hurt and I started eating. I figured it out and have lost 7 pounds. This time I will do it for myself and my health--not to fit into a black suit for my mother's burial. I don't have to please her and my brother any more.
I like "A New Atkins for a New You" better than the original book but I agree it is stupid to starve myself and have no energy. I have gone up to 25 g net carbs and will do 30 if I have to.
Rick
Old 05-19-2010, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

I lost my mother in August...I figured it out and have lost 7 pounds. This time I will do it for myself and my health...
I like "A New Atkins for a New You" better than the original book but I agree it is stupid to starve myself and have no energy. I have gone up to 25 g net carbs and will do 30 if I have to.
Rick
Rick, I am so sorry that happened to you. Losing a parent, in itself, is hard enough; but then, to have to confront what you've felt and, probably tried to pretend, wasn't the case (her relationship with your brother), afterwards must have been horrible. I am truly sorry. I AM HAPPY YOU FIGURED IT ALL OUT THOUGH!!! As has been said before, that is always the key; "not what we're eating, but what is eating us."

I went through a bad relationship, after just having lost a lot of weight, and feeling really good about myself. He told me he could never marry me because he was attracted to thinner women--after we finally were, ah hem, intimate. How humiliating. Anywhoo-I ate and cried like a baby for over a year. No, really. It crushed my faith in people most of all. It also crushed my faith in myself. Afterall, how could I allow someone to get into my head like that. So, I feel like I've continued to let myself down ever since and let him in. There is more. I guess we all have "background" and our own crosses to bear.

I am glad you're back on track though. Truly. You know what else, you have moving water by which you can sit and reflect or take a walk. I don't even have a decent body of water to sit next to. Ugh!!
Old 05-19-2010, 02:48 AM
FitDay Member

Rick, I am so sorry that happened to you. Losing a parent, in itself, is hard enough; but then, to have to confront what you've felt and, probably tried to pretend, wasn't the case (her relationship with your brother), afterwards must have been horrible. I am truly sorry. I AM HAPPY YOU FIGURED IT ALL OUT THOUGH!!! As has been said before, that is always the key; "not what we're eating, but what is eating us."

I went through a bad relationship, after just having lost a lot of weight, and feeling really good about myself. He told me he could never marry me because he was attracted to thinner women--after we finally were, ah hem, intimate. How humiliating. Anywhoo-I ate and cried like a baby for over a year. No, really. It crushed my faith in people most of all. It also crushed my faith in myself. Afterall, how could I allow someone to get into my head like that. So, I feel like I've continued to let myself down ever since and let him in. There is more. I guess we all have "background" and our own crosses to bear.

I am glad you're back on track though. Truly. You know what else, you have moving water by which you can sit and reflect or take a walk. I don't even have a decent body of water to sit next to. Ugh!!
Some men are jerks. You learned. Remember you are your own best friend and you are the most important thing in the world. Not only do things for yourself but try to get out of yourself and do for others. Be your own bridge over troubled waters. You always have your imagination. I suggest you read Homecoming by John Bradshaw. It helped me. 1,674 calories and 15.5 net carbs yesterday and I feel OK. Am exercising more; the stupid community college gym was closed yesterday when I went to ride the stationary bike. I will ride my real mountain bike today.
Hang in there. Feel, think, act and if it does not work try it all over again.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning guys! I didn't do THAT badly over the weekend, but I did do some sabotaging stuff. That's ok, I'm back. BEWARE THE CARB SMART ICE CREAM BARS. It was impossible to eat just one a day. This is the second time I've tried to do this and ate the box. Whew!

Terri--Cool, I got a lot from your post. Thank you. I do the ketosis sticks and supplements. This time around, I have not started either yet. I will keep you guys posted.

Richard--I will find a way to work this site and let you know. Looks like you're having major technical difficulties. Truthfully, I have not taken the time on the site to find the answers to your questions. Will try. Unfortunately, I am nowhere near your area.

I will get back to you guys in a few. Project due at noon. UGH!!
Hey!
I have the same problem with the Carbsmart ice cream bars. I take them out of the box and hide them in the freezer.
I am going to have to get some ketosis sticks and see how that works. I really need to increase my carbs and move off of induction, but have not yet. Thanks for your feedback.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:03 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Good morning guys! I didn't do THAT badly over the weekend, but I did do some sabotaging stuff. That's ok, I'm back. BEWARE THE CARB SMART ICE CREAM BARS. It was impossible to eat just one a day. This is the second time I've tried to do this and ate the box. Whew!

Terri--Cool, I got a lot from your post. Thank you. I do the ketosis sticks and supplements. This time around, I have not started either yet. I will keep you guys posted.

Richard--I will find a way to work this site and let you know. Looks like you're having major technical difficulties. Truthfully, I have not taken the time on the site to find the answers to your questions. Will try. Unfortunately, I am nowhere near your area.

I will get back to you guys in a few. Project due at noon. UGH!!
Hugs. Wanna be diet buddies? Do you have a Yahoo account?
Old 05-19-2010, 08:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default Glad to see others on Atkins

I am beginning, once again, to live a healthier life and Atkins seems to be the only program that works for me.

Ten years ago I lost 85 lbs on Atkins, but sadly, like you Richard, I lost not just one, but both of my parents within 10 months of each other, AND I went through a long nasty divorce. Of course, with all of the stress, I lost my momentum, and ate myself back to my original weight, and beyond. I now have hypertension, diabetes, and other health issues. I have basically been killing myself with my food addiction.

My life begins NOW. I have already lost 4 lbs, and I am thankful for this site to give me all the bells and whistles I need to encourage myself (love those charts). I wish all of you luck, whatever program you are on. If anyone needs a "partner in crime", to get us through the rough spots and celebrate our victories, I'm here. Holly
Old 05-20-2010, 01:33 AM
FitDay Member

Hugs. Wanna be diet buddies? Do you have a Yahoo account?
How would that work Richard? Just through email or what?

Originally Posted by hollyj89
My life begins NOW.
Yes, Holly it does begin now. As Richard stated earlier, it all begins by simply starting over again. Great thing about it is, as long as you live, each day is a new opportunity. Never too late.

Your losses must have been hard. I've done the divorce thing. Among other horrible things. Let's decide not to give any of it any more power.

SO HOW DO WE ALL, THAT INCLUDES YOU TOO TERRI, SUPERSIZE THIS SUPPORT GROUP? IDEAS? I AM TOO YOUNG AND SEXY TO BE FAT!
Old 05-20-2010, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by terribear27
Hey!
I have the same problem with the Carbsmart ice cream bars. I take them out of the box and hide them in the freezer.
I am going to have to get some ketosis sticks and see how that works. I really need to increase my carbs and move off of induction, but have not yet. Thanks for your feedback.
Terri, I went back to my sugar free Jello and dallop of whipped cream last night. And you know what? It was delish! Probably because I took a break. LOL!

Oh, you know what else. When you want something sweet but not Jello, take a dallop of the whipped cream and just sprinkly cinnamon on top.

Also, I have keto sticks and all the supplements from my last attempt. I still have not weighed. Feel differently though. I will start the whole regimen soon. Gotta find a breakfast first that I can bring to work--can't take vitamins on my empty stomach. That has been my hold up on the supplements.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:21 AM
FitDay Member

How would that work Richard? Just through email or what?

Yes, Holly it does begin now. As Richard stated earlier, it all begins by simply starting over again. Great thing about it is, as long as you live, each day is a new opportunity. Never too late.

Your losses must have been hard. I've done the divorce thing. Among other horrible things. Let's decide not to give any of it any more power.

SO HOW DO WE ALL, THAT INCLUDES YOU TOO TERRI, SUPERSIZE THIS SUPPORT GROUP? IDEAS? I AM TOO YOUNG AND SEXY TO BE FAT!
I have an AIM account but don't use it. I use Yahoo a lot. We could use email; yahoo has it. It is free. I don't want to give my regular email here. In Yahoo we could send IM (online and offline) messages, use cam if you have it, use voice if you have it. We could do it here but it would not be as private.
Rick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.