Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational starting 6/20/11 >

7 Day Motivational starting 6/20/11

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 6/20/11

Old 06-24-2011, 05:04 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone,

Just checking in...

It's been a pretty rough couple of weeks. My mom was released from the hospital (I have no idea why) on Tuesday and has needed around the clock care ever since. I've been staying with her at her house since then, but couldn't keep it up and turned elder care duties over to the "wandering brother" until Sunday night to recharge my batteries and figure out where we go from here. It feels so good to be home... I can't tell you. I've barely seen the inside of my own house in 2 weeks. Hoping she begins to improve, but if not, she'll need care that I sure can't provide. It's heartbreaking because she doesn't want me to leave her side, but my family needs me home, as well. I feel so torn.

My weight has been interesting. I can't get her to eat, so I bring everything to her that I think may work. When she turns up her nose at it, I've been eating it myself, yet my weight remains the same. Just the stress of being away from my family, I guess. Hoping brother sees the enormity of the situation and pulls more responsibility as the "elder sibling". (He's 10 years older than me.)

Spent tonight catching up on posts from the last 10 days or so and got some good laughs. You're all the best. I haven't had any real access to the internet as she has a very old computer with dial up. I got the old dinosaur of a computer somewhat updated to the point where I can check my email, but that's about it.

Thanks soooo much Cassie, almeeker, Mern and others for your kindness. I so look forward to a time when I can get back to some sense of normalcy and laugh again.

Sounds like you're all doing well! I'm rooting for all of you to continue to do well. My goal for next week is to clean up my own diet before "stress weight" starts to add up.

Good luck all! I'll check in when I can.

quinn

Last edited by quinnesec; 06-24-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quinn, I'm glad you checked in and I hope you got some good sleep in your own bed last night. I know being stuck in the middle is hard; your family needs you, your mom needs you...sometimes there simply isn't enough to go around. Somewhere in there you have to take care of yourself, too, and spin some more plates in the air.

At least your brother is able to give you a reprieve this weekend; maybe this will help him see the significance of the situation and he'll step on up. Glad to hear you're maintaining, too; sometimes that's the best you can do till you can pick it up again.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:23 AM
Super Moderator

Well, I kinda fell off checking in my goals. I've maintained except for one day, haven't purchased any new clothes (but did do a size/color exchange), and overall just doing the usual.

I did my hydrostatic weighing this morning; it was very cool. Basically, the report says my body fat percentage is 18.8, which is at the 90th percentile for my age, and it's in the "athlete" category. So, I'll take it. My RMR is 1363 calories (I was secretly hoping it was about 1700, lol!). Overall, I'm happy with it, and now I have a baseline. Turns out my at-home scale is pretty accurate; it was .2 lbs off on the weight and about a percentage point off on the body fat, so now I know.

Finally going out to dinner to celebrate the boy's middle school graduation; my goal is to make good choices but enjoy it!

Hope you all are having a terrific weekend so far!
Old 06-25-2011, 04:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I did my hydrostatic weighing this morning; it was very cool. Basically, the report says my body fat percentage is 18.8, which is at the 90th percentile for my age, and it's in the "athlete" category. So, I'll take it. My RMR is 1363 calories (I was secretly hoping it was about 1700, lol!). Overall, I'm happy with it, and now I have a baseline. Turns out my at-home scale is pretty accurate; it was .2 lbs off on the weight and about a percentage point off on the body fat, so now I know.
that's awesome news. I always wanted to get hydrostatic tested. I can't seem to find a place that does it near me.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, I am so sorry you are going through such a stressful time. This must be so hard for you but you are handling it so well. And yes I think it is good to get your brother to step up. Often one family member takes on the burdens of the whole family and as you say you are caught between two worlds. As Cassie pointed out so wisely, you should not neglect yourself in all this. This called self preservation.

What is hydrostatic testing? Cassie, you sound like you are in awesome shape.

I, on the other hand, feel like I am stuck in one place. I lose two gain three, gain one, lose two and so on.

Fitness
1) keep calories to 1300 or less:1286, 1550 (was at 1300 or below but needed, Saltines and pretzels for tummy ache), 1552, 1647 (dinner out and stress eating), 2125, 2214 both due to social situations and stress eating
2) walk or gym 3x or more a week: beautiful walk on a beautiful road, yes walk, no, gym, walk, no
3) 8 glasses of water: 104 oz, 72oz, ? 40oz, 72oz, 80 oz, 72 oz
4) be a stretchy mama every day (that's stretchy not bitchy) a little stretchy, not enough; very stretchy, yes, yes, yes, no
5) cut sugar and have fewer carbs in general: yes, yes, yes, no, no, no
Other
1) write at least one hour every single day: yes, tried but distracted by DD, wrote about Phoebe, eh, yes, finished piece, went to a workshop on agents
2) meditate at least 15 minutes:yes, yes, no, no, yes, no
3) listen more: trying!!! but no, no,?, yes, yes, yesish
4) worry less: eh, yes, no, woried about DD friend but only briefly, no, yes
5) stay on this thread!!! yes, yes, yes, still here,yes, no (but I'm back)

Last edited by canary52; 06-26-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:01 PM
FitDay Member

Hey where'd everybody go?

OK so I am reporting Sunday now so maybe I won't eat anymore. It's funny I have been bored and sick of food and yet I can't stop eating. Also busy weekend: friends over Friday night, conference on Saturday, movie night Saturday nigth till nearly 2, up early book club, food shopping and family stuff. I'm pooped.

Fitness
1) keep calories to 1300 or less:1286, 1550 (was at 1300 or below but needed, Saltines and pretzels for tummy ache), 1552, 1647 (dinner out and stress eating), 2125, 2214both due to social situations and stress eating, 1614
2) walk or gym 3x or more a week: beautiful walk on a beautiful road, yes walk, no, gym, walk, no, no
3) 8 glasses of water: 104 oz, 72oz, ? 40oz, 72oz, 80 oz, 72 oz, 56 maybe, I'll try for more
4) be a stretchy mama every day (that's stretchy not bitchy) a little stretchy, not enough; very stretchy, yes, yes, yes, no, no
5) cut sugar and have fewer carbs in general: yes, yes, yes, no, no, no, no
Other
1) write at least one hour every single day: yes, tried but distracted by DD, wrote about Phoebe, eh, yes, finished piece, went to a workshop on agents, no but still might
2) meditate at least 15 minutes:yes, yes, no, no, yes, no, no
3) listen more: trying!!! but no, no,?, yes, yes, yesish, yes
4) worry less: eh, yes, no, woried about DD friend but only briefly, no, yes, yes
5) stay on this thread!!! yes, yes, yes, still here,yes, no (but I'm back) here till the end of a hard week, goodbye my darlin Phoebe
Old 06-26-2011, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

I know, right? The crickets have been chirping this weekend! I was up late with you Saturday; we should've gotten together, lol! I'm glad you followed through and checked in, Hope. You did a good job staying accountabe this week. I'll be more active next week, I promise!
Old 06-26-2011, 04:50 PM
FitDay Member

Sorry guys! Had a bit of a wild weekend, in this week's goals I'll add "check in every day".