Notices

New to Fitday. Hi all

Old 06-05-2011, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

Default New to Fitday. Hi all

Hi all I'm new here. My start weight is 152 pounds. I am 5'2 and 39 years old. I was always skinny until I started having my kids (3 boys) and became a stay at home mom for the last 14 years. I have reached the point where enough is enough. We are planning a cruise in March 2012 and I would like to lose 35 lbs by feb. 2012. I have never dieted before now so any pointers you could give me will be greatly appreciated.

Height: 5'2"
Starting Weight: 152lbs (6/1/11)
Current Weight: 152lbs
MiniGoal: 139 by Labor Day
Ultimate Goal: 117lbs by (2/1/12) for cruise 2012

Last edited by Melissah152; 06-05-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Melissah, welcome to FitDay! Wow, where to start with pointers? What do you want to know?

I have a couple years on you, but I'm also 5'2" and was camping out at about your same weight after I had my son. However, I was always a little on the heavy side, in contrast to you. At any rate, the weight I had settled into when I began FitDay in Jan 2010 was between 128, 130-ish. This is the only time I have ever had success losing weight and keeping myself at a "content" weight; everyone has different things that work, but here are some that made a difference for me:

Logging everything, which enables me not only to see calories, but where they come from (protein, carbs, fat), so I can balance it out according to what works for me.

The forums here...great for support and encouragement.

Eating more protein than I was (I usually get about 25%).

Incorporating a good dose of healthy fats into my diet.

Adding weight training to my usual routine of just doing cardio.

Drinking water, more water, more water !

Not depriving myself of things...just planning for them if it's not exactly something healthy.

Making sure to get enough fiber.

Eating more natural food and fewer processed foods.

Like I said, everybody (and every body) is different, so it may take some trial and error to figure out what works for you. You can do it! Holler if you need anything, and you may want to check out the Women's Corner for those threads, particularly the 7-Day Motivational one; we start over every Monday and post goals for the week; we check in and offer encouragement and you're welcome to join in .

Last edited by cjohnson728; 06-05-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:54 AM
FitDay Member

I'm really ready to see a change thanks Cjohnson728 for your info I think it will be very helpful.