Any way to log supplements?

Community
Notices

Any way to log supplements?

Old 06-18-2010, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default Adding Supplements

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to add supplement information to my food log. I figured the best way to do it was to add it as a new food.

When I added the Caltrate that I take, all of the amounts were out of whack (like double), and I can't figure out how to adjust this.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Old 06-23-2010, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by teachnharlem
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to add supplement information to my food log. I figured the best way to do it was to add it as a new food.

When I added the Caltrate that I take, all of the amounts were out of whack (like double), and I can't figure out how to adjust this.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks!

I am also trying to figure out how to add suppliments. I take glucosamine chondroitin, flaxseed oil, and a centrum daily.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:21 AM
FitDay Member

Question Bumping!

I am also looking for a free way to track many nutrients, including all omega's. Is there anything out there?

Thanks!
Old 06-24-2010, 01:13 AM
FitDay Member

exactly, i'm lactose intolerant, so i want to plug in my calcium supplements and can't figure out how to do it, as the nutrients need to be added by % rather than by mg and ui.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

since no one is coming up with the solution, everyone should email thier feedback and ask for a solution. Email: [email protected]
Old 07-05-2010, 02:19 AM
FitDay Member

Default Ability to create custom vitamins and supplements

I just want to add my voice to the list requesting this addition to the software. I take a lot of vitamins and supplements and I would like to see if I am overdoing it with some of them. It is great that they have the vitamins and minerals on the custom food creation, but there is a lot missing. I also question the absence of a 'Sugar' ingredient. I use the 'Alcohol' to record the sugars in my foods so I look like I'm doing a lot of drinking when in fact I'm a teetotaler. Why is Sugan missing when it is on all the food labels?
Old 07-05-2010, 11:31 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 0hunger
I just want to add my voice to the list requesting this addition to the software. I take a lot of vitamins and supplements and I would like to see if I am overdoing it with some of them. It is great that they have the vitamins and minerals on the custom food creation, but there is a lot missing. I also question the absence of a 'Sugar' ingredient. I use the 'Alcohol' to record the sugars in my foods so I look like I'm doing a lot of drinking when in fact I'm a teetotaler. Why is Sugan missing when it is on all the food labels?
Sugar isn't listed separately from carbohydrates because carbs are sugar. Simple carbohydrates cause the same spikes in blood sugar levels regardless of the amount of sugar listed on the nutrition label.

Also, sugar alcohols found in some foods are not the same as alcohol, so you shouldn't be entering your sugar intake under the alcohol section. That's only intended for alcoholic beverages. As long as you're entering your carb and fiber intake, you don't need to enter the sugar separately.

I saw it explained more in depth on another thread because someone else had the same question, but I can't remember where I saw it.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by peorth
since no one is coming up with the solution, everyone should email thier feedback and ask for a solution. Email: [email protected]
Good idea. I just sent one. Will let the board know if/when I get a reply.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:01 AM
FitDay Member

Default Pantathenic Acid

Pantathenic Acid is one of nutrients tracked by Fitday on the Nutrition tab of the FOODS screens. Yet when I create a custom food, I am not allowed to enter this figure? I tried loading up my multi-vitamin as a custom food, which includes 500% of RDA for pantathenic acid. Yet I can't enter this. Would like to see this capability added to the custom food screen, since Fitday DOES calculate it for all the foods in the database. Seems like if you're gonna track the nutrient at all, you'd also give users the ability to load that data for their custom foods as well.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

I load all my supplements up as %, which is provided on the labels of all the ones I take. Works for me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.