Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread Starting 5/23/11

Old 05-23-2011, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Happy Monday everyone!

This week I only have two major goals because I have a lot of little personal goals that are day specific. (Ex: Tuesday: Beg for internship at MUSC)

And I'm off to an amazing start already because my week can only go up from here! I gave in to emotional eating and pushed my calories up over 2000! Granted, I know what I did wrong (I let myself get too hungry AND answered the phone when my exgf called) so I'm going take this as an opportunity to learn from my mistakes... and hope to high heaven that my body will respond as if I'm "Zig-Zag" dieting. If I cross my fingers and do 200 crunches a day will I get lucky?

On a different note: I bought stickers to motivate myself! Sparkly, rainbow colored, animal printed hearts for when I reach my weightloss goal for that week, and sparkly, rainbow colored stars for when I get my milage in! I figure that if I have a physical calender that I can put the stickers on, that it will be like high-fiving myself! Plus I need to be able to jog a 5k by the time that I get back to college in late August for crew. Win-Win!

Yeah Baby Yeah!

I love stickers!

You can call today a small break and move on, you have the right attitude since you realize it will only get better and you have identified your triggers.

It does look like you have your goals well defined so just keep at it.
Old 05-23-2011, 01:57 PM
FitDay Member

Monday Report early--closing down the kitchen to quit while I'm ahead.

Calories 1600 1477,
Calorie deficit 800 per day 1062,
Carbs less fiber 25g 19.1,
Track grams & % of calories from protein: 111.9 or 31%,
Track % of calories from saturated fat 13%,

Artificial sweetener limit 1 packet per day 0,
Sugar free candy limit 2 pieces per day 2,

Water 64 oz. YES
Exercise 30 minutes, 5 days--no lame excuses YES

Be sure the day's custom foods in FitDay have sat fat listed. YES
Old 05-23-2011, 02:12 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I saw that; I don't really have any "before" pics that I can upload. I've got some in photo albums, but nothing digital.
lol I'm in the same boat. At my all time highest, I was somewhere around 168. 140 is the weight that I was when I started fitday. I have a couple of "before" pictures, but also not digital. Even if they were digital, I'd be kind of shy to publish them on the internet. And my "afters" have other people in them that I wouldn't want to publish for their sake.

But I really admire people who do put their pictures up because I think it's very motivational. I'm just a little "internet shy", I guess. lol
Old 05-23-2011, 02:34 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, good for you for getting right back in recovery mode. Not easy, and I applaud you for that. "...no matter how much you put into figuring it out, your body has a mind of its own; we can just make our best guess and learn to accept that sometimes things won't make sense..." Boy, ain't THAT the truth! LOL

Main80, I don't think that guideline of three 10 minute intervals being OK was only for those who don't have a 30 minute block of time, but also for those of us who sometimes have to force ourselves to exercise because we'd rather be doing something else--it's better than nothing. I got my 30 minutes in one session today--to a DVD in the computer while watching TV.

Quinn, congrats on your weekend exercise. Best wishes this week with DH home. Hey, looks like you're off to a good start with your Monday accomplishments. Way to go! I have a really good "before" picture, but I refuse to post a "during" picture until there's a really quite noticeable difference. I'm a long way from "after" but I'm getting there.

Terri, you are amazing. So honest with yourself (also courageous) to have figured out the source of your anxiety. I think that's half the battle. I'm with Cassie--we know you can do it, and we'll be rooting you into those 170s in no time. Best wishes on that exercise, too--I always have a more positive outlook when reaching my exercise goals. Maybe that's just me because it's such a feat for me to do any.

Mike is that a 2000 calorie deficit goal for the week or is that a typo? Glad you enjoyed your crawfish boil. Maybe sucking out the crawfish brains gets your scale to be nice to you. LOL Good luck with low carbing this week. Carb cravings are tough--I've low carbed for a long time and have never found a solution except abstaining from too many until the cravings pass. I eat all kinds of stuff for breakfast--meat, veggies, sometimes even homemade soup.

Mhibdon, oh, I hope you get the internship. LOL on the zig-zag dieting. Yeah, let us know if you find the magic bullet for diet and exercise discipline. LOL How fun about the motivation/reward stickers. Whatever works! Enjoy! And I agree on the pound loss--and remember, a pound a week really adds up quickly.

Last edited by Mern; 05-23-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks Mern! The 2000 deficient is for the week, not a typo. That's a great idea for breakfast. What kind of soup do you recommend??

Health & Fitness
1) eat clean for 6 days yes
2) average 20% or less in carbs for the week (Will report at the end of the week. Cheat day can't be too bad to do this!)
3) drink a gallon of water a day yes
4) take daily:
vitamin yes
fish oil yesx2
glucosamine yes
5) 2000 cals deficient for the week -589
6) floss 7x yes
7) Lifting workouts 3x yes
8) cardio 3x no
9) log food every day yes
Old 05-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

Checking in:

1. Calorie limit of 1300/day, one day exception. 1307-close enough
2. Drink 64 oz. water daily. Yes
3. Exercise 7 times. Tennis match
4. Sleep 7 hours a night. 6.5
5. Journal situation and mood and related thoughts while eating. Yes

6. Get teacher cards and gifts sent out. Yes
7. Choose end of year gift for the boy. No clue
8. Second coat doors in office. Yes
9. Family room trim done by end of weekend. Not yet
10. Smile more, bitch less . Woohoo, no bitching at all today!

Well, I was a real slug this evening after my match; I sat on the couch and read and watched replays of the French Open. Hubby's out of town again on business and my son has only one final tomorrow, which he exempted out of, so he doesn't have to go to school at all. So we felt justified in goofing off and not doing anything responsible. I'm tired, which is good; maybe I'll get my 7 hours in tonight *fingers crossed*!

Everyone's done well today; congratulations !
Old 05-23-2011, 04:00 PM
FitDay Member

Mike, whew, that's quite a calorie deficit! Oh, but I forgot about all the calories you burn working out, too. I make homemade low carb veggie soup out of whatever I have on hand. I eat only homemade so I can control the sodium and carbs. No recipe--just dump and taste.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:09 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie, great job today! So nice that you had the evening off so you could just relax and do whatever made you happy. Congrats to the boy for exempting out of his final tomorrow.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:52 PM
FitDay Member

Quinn, Nice job with the goals today!

Mern, Yey on the 30 minutes today! I also managed my workout today. I will definitely try to break it up when I just don't feel like it, but generally when I start going then I can keep at it.

Cassie, your afternoon sounds great! You both had done your work so its more than justified.

Monday

1- Maintain a 1250 weekly average. 1019
2- Drink 3 L of water a day. Yes
3- Exercise 5 times during the week. Yes
4- Organize photos. No
5- Start and finish the report. Started
6- Keep a clean Inbox. Sort of

Last edited by MAIN80; 05-23-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Main80, congrats on your food, water, and exercise. I don't really hate exercise all that much--it's just that I'd rather be doing something else and sometimes slack off due to lack of self-discipline. Like you, once I get started I usually enjoy it and finish in one session. I also do better if I can exercise in the morning. The longer I put it off, the less likely I am to exercise at all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.