Notices

Coming Back

Old 05-16-2011, 04:22 AM
FitDay Member

@4phoenix: Thanks! Congrats to you too!
Fortunately I made sure that I was entirely at peace with how we ended things, so I no longer am tempted cut her brakes! :P (Please read that as a joke! I’m not crazy!)

@almeeker: Thanks! I just worry about eating so late in the day! I just remember being told, once upon a time, that we were supposed to eat every 3 hours and to not eat anything after 9PM. Do you have any thoughts about this? Also, you’re always on the go, do you have any tips on foods that can survive a purse? My bananas are fighting a losing battle, haha!

@Mike: Why hello there, Stranger! Thanks for reminding me about all the support offered on Fitday! Would you happen to have any purse friendly food advice?
Old 05-16-2011, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mhibdon

@Mike: Why hello there, Stranger! Thanks for reminding me about all the support offered on Fitday! Would you happen to have any purse friendly food advice?
how about purse friendly snacks?? Nuts, raisins, any fruit that doesn't need to be refrigerated (apple, orange). If you need more protein, any dehydrated meat such as beef jerky should hold up well.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 05-16-2011 at 05:05 AM.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Mike! I'll give it a test drive this week and report on my results Friday night!
Old 05-16-2011, 09:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Any suggestions as to what kinds of food can survive the purse of an on-the-go college student?[/B]
Apples
Oranges
Granola bars
Single servings of peanuts
Roasted soy nut (lots of protein!)
Baby carrots
Snap peas

Here is a suggestion for summer. Get a small cooler or larger insulated lunch bag. Freeze water bottles and put one every day in the cooler with a refrigerated water bottle and whatever food you want cold. The frozen water bottle will keep everything cool and by the end of the day it will have thawed enough so that you have a nice cold bottle of water with you.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:24 PM
FitDay Member

Foods that survive a purse eh? I don't usually carry food in my purse, but I do pack lunches for the kiddos every day and I swear by reusable plastic containers so their sandwiches and such don't get crushed. When I pack something that needs to be kept cold I throw in one of those tube yogurts, only I freeze them so they are a cold pack through the morning and thawed out by lunch (only 70 calories BTW). I also do the frozen water bottle thing if it's going to be really hot. Another lunch that survives the purse is a can of healthy soup, or a thermos with soup or leftovers. I found some really nice stainless steel thermos pots for them to take to school. They would hold up in a purse too, and could be filled with anything (hot or cold no problem), soup, chili, cottage cheese, oatmeal, leftovers, sweet potatoes etc. I've even sent them filled with cereal and then the kids buy a milk at school to pour over it. Protein bars travel fairly well, as do granola bars, nuts and seeds, sugar-free pudding cups, cut raw veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, snow peas, soy beans, cherry tomatoes, zucchini) etc etc) also do well provided they don't get too warm for more than 6-7 hours, and you can always pack them with a frozen yogurt tube or ice cubes.