Notices

Help...I'm sliding....

Old 06-02-2011, 12:38 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Never, Never, Never Give Up!

These were the famous words of Winston Churchill.
We all slide from time-to-time. The road to your weight loss goal will be filled with bumps and challenges, but the results of your efforts will be so rewarding. I know from first hand experience. I was 250 lbs. at my heaviest weight, and I am 148.8 as of this morning. I went on a "binge" last fall...I started eating all kinds of junk and got lazy with my exercise routine. I gained almost 8 pounds back after I had worked so hard to get it off. It was largely due to some depression I was feeling about some problems my boyfriend and I were having.

The real key is to get right back up when you fall. Don't stay down too long, because then it will be more difficult to get back on track. Don't let any of your life's problems become larger than you are. Stay in control, and always remember that our problems are only temporary.

I am trying to lose the last 10 pounds of my weight loss goal. It is the most difficult 10 pounds I've ever tried to lose, but I refuse to give up.

Don't let anyone fill your head with negativity. You are the one who is in control of your life.

Here is a quote I thought you would like:

Supposing you have tried and failed again and again. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. ~Mary Pickford

Stay strong...we are all in this fight together!

Old 06-02-2011, 10:50 AM
FitDay Member

How Bad do you want this??? DO IT FOR YOURSELF, what is going to make you smile when you look in the mirror...hold your head high and "just do it"...I have been through many ups and downs and woke up one morning and just told myself I am going to do this for me...and havent stopped in 6 months...doing what you enjoy for exercise is key to sticking to it, I have spent a lot of money trying to find the right thing through the years and I finally have found something to keep me motivated.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:32 AM
FitDay Member

Location: I live in a small town in Ky. one of the most beautiful places on earth!
Wink

I just started on here today, but weight loss has been a life long journey for me. The you can do it stuff doesn't work for me either and I'm not sure what will I'm 44 so I'm not getting any younger. I think that one of the reason's what other people say doesn't work for me is because I don't believe I can do it. I also think I'm scared what if I lose the weight and I still don't like me? I have been with a group called TOPS for many years and have seen many women make it to there goal. and thought why can't I well I guess because I quit when ever I start doing good, just some things to think about
Old 06-14-2011, 10:02 AM
FitDay Member

Mike posted something wise (as he often does)
.... Besides the typical "I'd love him no matter what" response that most people say, if he needs to lose weight, could you have more fun or be more attracted to him if he were fit, happy and confident?....

Yes, I love my husband, and loved him fat, but, his essential weight loss (100 lbs, and still going) means I'll have him for a long time, it means I can get my arms around him for a hug, it means we can go for hikes, and dance in the kitchen, and he doesn't snore as much, and yes, some other things not appropriate for a family friendly bulletin board. I greatly benefited from his weight loss.
Old 06-14-2011, 06:51 PM
FitDay Member

Just a quick word, last night I put on my uniform for the first time in months and the trousers were so loose and I had to adjust the belt by loads. The point is I AM losing weight, I'm no saint and I have good days and bad days but for the first time I'm making the good days out weigh ( sorry for the pun) the bad, so overall I'm more in the good zone. My exercise plan is erratic at best, but even if I only manage a walk once or twice per week it's more than I was doing. The main thing is I don't get so stressed over the bad days and that means it only lasts for that 24 hrs and doesn't become "what's the point I've ruined my diet so I might as well give up", a phrase that I used many times in the past. Apologies for my quick word stretching out.