Notices

What I Love About Fitday

Old 05-03-2011, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default What I Love About Fitday

I'm feeling grateful to Fitday today so thought I'd start this thread.

1. The support from the forums.

2. Fitday seems to make it easier for me to get back on track. It used be a week off diet was enough to derail me.

3. It's free. I quit a former site after 2 years because I thought I could do it myself - and it was costing $11.00 a month. I plan on staying on fitday.

4. The journaling. Keeping track is something I need to do. For some reason doing it on paper does not work for me.

5. The records. I gained 1.5 pounds goofing off last week. When I look at my total loss and the goal graph since January that helps me realize it's a small bump on my road to fitness.

6. The nutritional evaluations. I am using these to fine tune my eating and it seems to make a difference.

I could likely do 4 more, however those are the ones that came easily to mind. I credit Fitday with my strong motivation for the month of May -- no holidays for 4 weeks so NO EXCUSES. I have a month of health eating and exercise planned.

Thank you all who make up fitday. Mary
Old 05-03-2011, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Ditto.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I couldn't agree more--it ain't perfect, but it's the only thing I've found that works for me.

Regards,
Michael
Old 05-03-2011, 06:49 AM
Super Moderator

Three cheers!
Old 05-03-2011, 10:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Terri,
I have just joined Fitday and I have a lot of weight to lose. Seeing your post has motivated me to keep going! Way to go. Elizabeth
Old 05-03-2011, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

I like getting to know people with odd names who I can look to for a laugh or some support when I need it!
Old 05-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

It's nice to hear something nice about FD every now and then. Thanks for the thread.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

Numbers don't lie.

What I love about fitday is that IF I measure food accurately, put it in my log, and look at the total at the end of the day, I'm facing the only important truth about my dieting efforts - that number.

Today, I put 2 apples in my food log. Medium sized apples. Then, with a pang of conscience, I went back and looked at what a medium apple size is in fitday. The apples I ate were much bigger than that. So now I have two large apples in fitday (more calories) but not wanting to know there are more calories isn't going to make them go away!

When I really look at that, respect the numbers, strive for accuracy, I lose weight. When I don't, I gain weight. Simple as that. And I'm a person who knows and has used every excuse in the book for what diets don't work....
Old 05-04-2011, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Elizabethgem
Hi Terri,
I have just joined Fitday and I have a lot of weight to lose. Seeing your post has motivated me to keep going! Way to go. Elizabeth
Wow, thank you! You can do it!! We're all in this together.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:45 AM
FitDay Member

I've got a lot to loose myself, had a baby & new the lbs were gonna pile on again, I find this site gives me the motivation to start loosing the weight, I find the weight graph is very helpful, I can actually see that I'm loosing weight, so far its 5 lbs I've lost but I plan on loosing the 90 left I need to loose to get back to before baby. Good luck to everyone with your weight loss. Theresa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.