Notices

Suggestion for Fit Day Improvement

Old 09-20-2011, 03:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I have been using FitDay for years, both online and on my PC, and there are two enhancements I would really like to see:

1) The ability to group items into a meal. For example, I frequently have Cheerios, fresh fruit, almond milk and coffee each morning. Rather than having to enter each of those items every day, I would like to create a "meal," call it what I'd like (ex: Cheerios Breakfast), and only have to make the single entry each day

2) The ability to delete custom foods without having to go into each food I want to delete and execute the delete item by item. Exactly the same way one can tag/select items in their e-mail to be deleted
Old 09-20-2011, 05:18 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by afsan01
I have been using FitDay for years, both online and on my PC, and there are two enhancements I would really like to see:

1) The ability to group items into a meal. For example, I frequently have Cheerios, fresh fruit, almond milk and coffee each morning. Rather than having to enter each of those items every day, I would like to create a "meal," call it what I'd like (ex: Cheerios Breakfast), and only have to make the single entry each day

2) The ability to delete custom foods without having to go into each food I want to delete and execute the delete item by item. Exactly the same way one can tag/select items in their e-mail to be deleted
FitDay PC will do Number 1 using the recipe builder feature.

I, also, would like to see Number 2 implemented.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-21-2011, 12:37 PM
Administrator

I've brought it to the attention of the developers. Not sure if that is on tap for New FitDay.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:11 PM
FitDay Member

Default Fiber

I Love this site and the only thing I would add is a place for sugar & fiber for those that subtract it in our carb count, I know itis listed on each foods but to have it right there would be WONDERFUL Thank you all for the hard work & free site...
Old 11-10-2011, 11:07 PM
FitDay Member

Love Fitday. Have been using it for over a year. It's the best way for me to lose weight. I lost 10 kg but once I stopped writing down what I ate I gained most of it back. I can't wait to get back down to my goal weight and then stay on fitday as a maintenance tool. Tried the beta, but it gave a ridiculous amount for 'weight still to lose'. I'm 69 kg and it says I still have 87 kg to lose. But the old version never really worked well in kgs either. Would also like to see body measurements graphed for longer than 2 months. Cheers!
Old 11-12-2011, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Default fasting blood sugar graph

As an improvement to the site I would like to see a place where I could enter my fasting glucose number and then generate the graphs to see how well I'm controling it over time.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:02 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Part of a Meal

Good idea for a workaround but I don't think it's that complex. When entering a custom food, there could be an optional dropdown list selector for "meal" allowing one to select "breakfast", "lunch" , etc. and possibly to create your own custom meals e.g. "morning snack". Such a solution would not clutter the interface and should not bother anyone who does not care to have their foods listed in that way.

Originally Posted by mecompco
Welcome to the forums and thanks for your feedback!

Realistically, I doubt your first request is going to happen (I think it would be really complex to program) but as a workaround some folks create one or more "fake" custom food(s) and enter it where desired between actual food items such as:

---------- BREAKFAST --------
Wheaties
Milk
----------- LUNCH ----------
Double Whopper w/Cheese

and so forth.

As to your second request, that would be a nice time saver.

Regards,
Michael
Old 11-23-2011, 05:29 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi kathleen, you can go to 'Stats' tab, select 'Blood Sugar' and click the 'Track Button' then enter your values over time and see a graph. Premium members can create custom items to track in addition to the many already available.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, I contacted Fitday a long time ago, asking that they restore the check-boxes for the auto delete, as well as increasing the amount of food per day you can include--or at least making it proportional to the # of foods you delete if you are at your max (if I am at max and want to add 2 more items, I should be able to delete 2 items, add 2 items in. They emailed saying they will look into this--esp the checkboxes for the delete (they used to have this--i hate individually deleting 10+ items and waiting for the page to reload each time). They haven't gotten back to me since. Anyone else heard anything back from them about check boxes?
Old 12-11-2011, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by BarbaraMS
Hi, I contacted Fitday a long time ago, asking that they restore the check-boxes for the auto delete, as well as increasing the amount of food per day you can include--or at least making it proportional to the # of foods you delete if you are at your max (if I am at max and want to add 2 more items, I should be able to delete 2 items, add 2 items in. They emailed saying they will look into this--esp the checkboxes for the delete (they used to have this--i hate individually deleting 10+ items and waiting for the page to reload each time). They haven't gotten back to me since. Anyone else heard anything back from them about check boxes?
This is the message I originally posted in April 2011:

Hi! I have been using Fitday for over 8 years and have a request. Before you made some changes, you used to allow MULTIPLE deletions of daily food items. Please bring it back! You used to be able to check mark the boxes beside the foot (just like when you go to recent foods or custom, and can click multiple foods to add at once). It is such a pain having to individually click on the X to delete each item one at a time, especially when you are deleting more than 14 items and are redoing your meal plan. I think this would be a very easy fix, as you already had it implemented before.

Another recommendation I have and would love to see is to fix the "you have reached maximum limit of food allowed". Please expand the amount of foods one is allowed to add, and most importantly please make sure that the system recognized that you have in fact deleted a food item, and therefore you should be able to add another item back. Many times it says "you have reached the limit", when I only want to add one more food. Instead of allowing me to just remove one, I have to delete about 15 foods to accommodate the one I wanted to add. Even after I have deleted 7 items that I had already added, it still says "maximum limit reached" when I try to add back one (after deleting more than 6). I am sure this is an easy fix as well, and would be much appreciated. Thank you very much!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.