Notices

I'm back, Keep an eye on me

Old 05-01-2012, 03:29 PM
FitDay Member

Nothing to report except eat and eat and Eat and EAT. So fustrated!
Last night I surfed the internet about weight loss. I came across some infor that not so new anymore but I spent hours to read it. I also watched on youtube some show that I later think that is such a waste of time such as Dr. Phil about eating disorder, Super size vs super skinny, too fat for 15.... These show for sure doesn't help me to lose weight. But for some reason I feel very comforting. I feel like it reasure me that I can and I will do this journey all over again. But I actually can't because instead of watch those show I could just working out.

Anyway, after reading that article I feel like I found a weight loss bible. Here are the keys.
1. calories in vs calories out (in>out: gain, in<out: lose)
2. No fattening food, no white stuff, no sugar
3. No magical pill nor special diet
4. Can never stop watching your calories
Not new, I know this all along.
CAN I DO IT??????? I began doubt my will power, my ability, my everything. The weather is warmer now. This even make me more fustrated but I just can't do it. I can't fit in any of my summer clothes and I refuse to buy anything because I believe that I can get back down. I lost 4lbs then gain it back. I can't keep it down. I can't walk or run but I sure can bike but I didn't do. Do I need some tough love? Do I need Bob Harper, Jillian Micheal, yell at me? I don't know.
What am I going to do?
Old 05-01-2012, 03:32 PM
FitDay Member

Enough talking I will jump off the chair now and go for 15 minutes biking. 1 minutes of the time now.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:14 PM
FitDay Member

Default I did it

OMG! I did 20 minutes bike ride at midnight. Not the best time but I broke my laziness. Of course, this work out not end yet. Just the beginning, keep it up tomorrow.

Well Hopefully I can sleep now.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

My menu for today:

Breakfast: 1egg (cook with no oil), and a piece of whole wheat toast
Snack: 1 pear
Lunch: Rice 1 C, pork chop 2oz, pork skin 1oz (high cals but can't resist), lettuce, tomato, cucumber
Snack: yogurt
Dinner: Rice 1 C, anchovy fish 3 oz, cauliflower.

Total cals: around 1400
I have to stick with it. No cheating whatsoever.

30 minutes bike.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Mai,
Good job on the bike riding . I hope it helped your sleep.

If I could make a suggestion on your meal plan: I know rice is a big part of your normal eating routine, but you might think about replacing it from time to time with a different whole grain carb. Brown rice, quinoa, whole wheat noodles (or Mern's Dreamfields low carb) etc. You might find that you save a few calories that would allow you to eat a little more protein and maybe a little more fat. We all know that too much fat isn't good, but too little isn't good either. The additional fat really helps satisfy your tummy and keeps you feeling full longer.

Just a suggestion, feel free to ignore me
Old 05-02-2012, 08:41 AM
FitDay Member

Pam thanks for stopping by, any advice is deeply appreciated. That is my next step try to replace white rice. I did feed my kids whole wheat bread and they have not complaint. I do think that I eat too little protein, but the fat? I think I eat a bit too much. I always have like 40% or more fat. Maybe I didn't have good fat such come form nuts and avocado. mostly from fish, animal...

Mai
Old 05-02-2012, 01:26 PM
FitDay Member

I ended up not follow to the exact menu that I planed. My friends came by and we had lunch together. I do measured the food but had a little more than I planed due to will power too weak. But the calories is very close or close enough 1526.
I did 30 minutes walk and 20 minutes spinning.
Effort for every minutes, hour, day...... are counting.

Last edited by lastri; 05-02-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

Default Another day, gotta make an effort

So I got on the scale this morning and it is 143.4 which is down 1 since last time but still 3 lb more than the last last time maybe 1 week ago. I have been consistantly eating of 1500-1600 and the weight go up and down. Is this mean that is the level of cals for my maintaince?
I try to experiment something new, 1200 a day. It will be tough. This mean I will have no room for white stuff, you know what I am talking about. But what the heck, if I want it bad enough, you gotta do it. So I have make my menu for today.

Breakfast: 1 whole egg (cook with no oil), 1 slice whole wheat bread, 1 pear, (243)
Lunch: Lettuce 1C, cucumber, Anchovy 3oz, caulifower 2C (244)
Snack: Almond (5 seed), 1 medium Apple (113)
I don't know what for dinner yet but I have 600 to work on
I update later.
Mai

Last edited by lastri; 05-03-2012 at 04:13 AM.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:16 AM
FitDay Member

Ok, Just finished lunch.
It's hard to watch the kids eat noodle soup for lunch. But I did stick to my schedule. I ate a bit more fish Now I have 540 cals for dinner.
Did 10 minutes pilate. STAY ON TRACK!!!

I ended eating a bit more than I planned. 1357 cals And I ended up eating rice. It's just so hard to resist.
This morning, I am super hungry when I woke up. I guess it's a good sight. I have some korean soup. I don't know how to log it but I don't think it's too much cals because there is beef and vegi and broth.

Last edited by lastri; 05-04-2012 at 12:31 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:36 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday, We went to a friend house for dinner. There wasn't a lot of food on the menu.
Chips and salsa
chicken fajitas with grill onion and pepper.
Cupcakes
They cook quite healthy, no oil at all on the onion and pepper. Also there a choice of tottilla (regular and low carb, high fiber 45 cals each).
Honestly I was fret about go in to this dinner, afraid to over eat. But I ended up have about 5 chips and 2 totillas with chicken and peppers, no cupcake.
I should have eaten 1 totilla but i can't help myself.
The scale is in my favor this morning 142.4, going down but still not 140.8.
Today we went to a Korean BBQ. And I estimated that I ate 4oz of beef and chicken with a bunch of vegi, 1/2 c rice and some pancake. the pancake has meat and seafood and flour, quite greasy. I think I was over eat because I felt full about 3/4 of the time into the meal and I said to my husband that "I am full", but I continued eating. i do not feel stuff but I know I should have stopped a bit earlier. My daughter on the other hand she said she was full and didn't eat another bite after she said that. I think that is the way we should behave.
Then we went to a birthday party. I was a bit hungry (but not tebbribly) I said I should stay away from the cake. I hid in the corner, however, the host offer me a piece of cake and I felt for it. I felt 80% Y and 20 % N. I felt shame and guilt. Then I thought I will just have a bite. But before I know it, the cake have gone. I wish I have stick to my gun.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.