Notices

Water...does anyone else HATE IT?

Old 04-10-2011, 10:53 AM
FitDay Member

I have been using the MiO as well. The great thing between that and and cyrstal light is, the MiO has no added calories or sugars. It tastes great. I tried the strawberry watermelon and it's really good. I can get down my first 32 oz no problem, but struggle with the rest, so that's when I add the water enhancer.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:30 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SailorDoom
I love water, but I recently saw a product at a "Living Green" Expo that might help you out if its truly the carbonation you crave. I'm pretty sure its called a Sodastream, which basically involves blasting plain water with carbon dioxide and adding a flavor syrup, which I think is optional.
My family had a Sodastream machine when I was a kid (they've been around for a long time - over 20 years). No, you don't need the syrup. Actually, when we had it, they hadn't come out with the syrups yet - we flavoured it with cordial (I don't know the American equivalent - it's just a flavour concentrate; 5:1 water:cordial) and now you can get diet cordials, too. There's your fizz with pretty much every flavour under the sun available . . .

Do you drink tea? There's a good way to get in a cup of water.

Do you not like water because it's town water? I will not drink town water because it has so many added chemicals that we don't need that make it taste awful. Fortunately, our taps are hooked up to huge rainwater tanks, not town water. Perhaps you could invest in a water filter or a small rainwater tank. Your body and your skin will thank you.
Old 04-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Super Moderator

I love water! Too much. I was drinking over 300oz a day but after some blood work was done my doctor ordered me to cut my intake by half. I still have trouble keeping it at 150oz a day. Soda just makes me feel dehydrated, bloated and sluggish.
Old 04-17-2011, 08:47 AM
FitDay Member

Location: I live in LA, land of too much good food and too many underweight women.

I love water. I've found that if I have a bottle in my hand when I'm walking around, like walking to work or at the beach or whatever, I tend to drink it even if I'm not "thirsty." Perhaps you could try just going for a walk with a bottle of water and seeing if you start drinking it?

Also, if it's carbonation you crave, try sparkling water. I don't know if you have Trader Joe's near you, but they sell zero calorie lime and lemon flavoured sparkling waters, pretty cheap too!
Old 04-19-2011, 04:02 AM
FitDay Member

Most of the grocery stores around me and even Walmart/Target sell carbonated water. I love it. It tastes like soda...but its water. It has nothing in it. Zero everything. Yummy flavors to boot. Have you ever tried something like that?
Old 04-26-2011, 05:50 PM
FitDay Member

Another water lover here (it's my favourite drink, actually) but some people think you don't actually need your 8 cups of water to come from straight water, or even from liquids.

I mean, in terms of beverages, your organs would probably prefer water to other processed liquids. The article above says to look at your pee - if it's too dark, your body's working too hard. (I would probably still try to get at least a couple of glasses in a day.)
Old 04-27-2011, 01:11 AM
FitDay Member

I am a water hater of long standing, but recently I found non carbonated flavoured water at the drug store(Life Brand at Shoppers Drug Mart). I am finally drinking water and 0 calories and they happened to be on sale for $1.50 for a 6 pack. Love the Green Tea and Pear flavoured one, though the others are equally good. For someone who never drank any water I am now drinking 6 bottles a day, for me this is HUGE!!!
Old 04-28-2011, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Default Water is addicative

Of course, you die without it, but I find if I have a lovely refreshing glass on my desk, I reach for it, and want more, and then more, and can keep filling it all day!

If I don't start, then all of a sudden, I realize I'm dehydarted, but I ususally don't see that coming, so I have to make an effort for that first one (which is usually my second pint in a day - as I do two glasses (16 oz) while working out.

I love the feeling of cold water chilling my esophagus!

Abby
Old 05-05-2011, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

Smile water i hate it

Originally Posted by ReconMarineMom
I just cannot seem to drink water. I have completely cut out soda regular and diet...but I can't seem to choke down 8 glasses of water a day. I MIGHT hit 4-5 if I really make an effort, but I just do not like it, not even if I ad those little flavor packets.

I LOVE and feel I'm ADDICTED to carbonation. I MISS IT. In fact, that's really the only "craving" I have...I don't even really crave foods...well...I take that back I love bread too.

It is NOT the sweetness of soda that I like because I actually prefer diet soda to regular soda. When I have iced tea or those flavor packet things in water...I ALWAYS add just enough sweetener to give it flavor. I don't like it like syrup.

cant drink regular water i drink the flavor water i can drink that all day long i love it yoshould try that.i just cant take that i cant cut down on my coffee intake .and im als a night eater what do yu do to keep ur mind off of food atnight?
Old 05-05-2011, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Originally Posted by kajajo
i am a water hater of long standing, but recently i found non carbonated flavoured water at the drug store(life brand at shoppers drug mart). I am finally drinking water and 0 calories and they happened to be on sale for $1.50 for a 6 pack. Love the green tea and pear flavoured one, though the others are equally good. For someone who never drank any water i am now drinking 6 bottles a day, for me this is huge!!!
me to thats why i drink flavor water no cal and i can drink it all day witch i do.im happy for you weight lose. Keep up te good work.

Angela